Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instrumental panel with tachometer on Toyota Aygo II / Peugeot 108 without tachometer

Umberto70

Morning,

I would like to replace the instrument cluster without a tachometer with one with a tachometer. I saw that there are only two connectors behind it, has anyone ever tried to make such a change?

Thanks.

yes it has been done, you can either get the mileage corrected or swap/reprogram the EEPROM over to the new gauges - it should be plug and play apart from that

• Like 1

As flash says bit trickier than fitting a tachometer to the first gen cars, we have a 108 as well and out curiousity found cheap speedo with tacho in vain hope the tachometer board was seperate, it wasn't, so as per flash's post you need to mileage correct / get soldering etc. The 108 is my sister's car, so decided against fiddling too much for added benefit, she probably wouldn't use it anyway. 

Just one word caution if yours is a 108, remember that Peugeot/Citroen fitted some cars with their own 1.2 engine as well as the Toyota 1.0 engine, so don't know if speedo/tacho is calibrated to match the engine type. The speedo/tacho I got was from a Toyota Aygo they only had 1.0 engine, so knew it would match our 108 1.0.

The 1.2 pure tech is also a 3 pot for ease of assembly the dash is more than likely the same, as the rpm is ecu generated

I asked the Peugeot service center if I'll buy a new instrument cluster complete with tachometer and fitted it to my car if it'll work. The answer was, I don't know but I guess not. As you see in the photo attached the 2 type of instrument cluster have the same connector on the back.

What do you think?

Quadro strumenti1.jpg

Quadro strumenti1_rear.jpg

Quadro strumenti2.jpg

Quadro strumenti2_rear.jpg

The plugs are identical same as the aygo, techs (parts fitters) are not interested and don't get involved in upgrades or retrofitting and/or don't have the knowledge about the systems, i was told that you can't put the facelift 2018 cluster in a 14-18 yaris

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/201347-cluster-swap

I can give you the pinouts if required, as per the other thread linked above it's simply plug and play you just need to correct the mileage/KM's, used clusters are plentiful and cost affective, you're looking 600-1000 euro for a brand new one

Edit, RPM signal is over can bus from the ecu to cluster (obd2 spec requires an RPM reference as well as other systems eg. engine load calculations

As flash says I wouldn't done half the mods to my cars over the years if I'd relied on the dealer techs etc, half the time they want the job so they can charge accordingly! 

I see your car is very new 2021, so certain jobs like this one I would be careful of doing incase of any warranty issues, back in the day when you just got a 1 years warranty! I didn't have wait too long.

That's where sites like this come into their own as many members been there done that, so very helpful, rather than the suck it an see approach when I only had a Haynes manual for guidance.

At this point I will wait the end the guarantee, in the meantime I will take more information as possible for this update especially thanks to this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have some news.
I bought an instrument cluster of a toyota aygo from 2021 with only 1800km. I tested it on my wife's 2021 Peugeot 108 without tachometer and everything works perfectly except the dashboard shows the warning light that the crossing system is not working. However, 108 does not have this system, do you think there is a way to reset this alarm?
Thanks

Yes it needs to be reprogrammed or the cal file updating

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links