Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Unit

daviesracing

I'm wanting to change the Head Unit in my 03 Corolla, But i've bin told I need a blanking plate to interchange it, Does anyone know where I can get 1 as my Toyota Dealer doesnt due them

I take it the 'blanking plate' is the same as the fascia adaptor (converts the HUGE space to a single slot for a head unit).

If so, you can get either of these two for the new Corolla:

http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_PR180946480.htm

http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_PR180656806.htm

The top one is better if you are fitting a standard DIN sized headunit. But if you are going for a screen (automatic mechanism), the bottom one is better as you still have access to the storage pocket when the screen is up.

The company is based in America but they do deliver to the UK and service is surprisingly good. Not been able to locate any fascia adaptors in the UK for the new Corolla.

Remember, you will require a wire harness convertor [Toyota > (Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer etc)]. There are plenty of places in the UK who sell wire harnesses. Check out Autoleads, Halfords etc.

Hope that helps,

Atik

Actually, if you order from these guys, CLICKY, you will be assured of delivery, on time and slightly cheaper.

I ordered 2 of these fascias this week. One from each of these companies and have only heard from the one I mentioned in this post! It is being delivered via FedEx which means I can even track the item. The previous website I quoted have not even sent me an order confirmation email (which they did do last time).

Anyhow, I am eagerly anticipating my new fascia trim so I can get my shiny new head unit into place.

Hi Atikali

How your car going now, all sorted now?

Saw your posting about those B******** and you lose of audio :crybaby:

shame you can't put them in a corner and shoot then :thumbsup:

Was it only your H/U you lost, or a bit more?

I remember when i got my facial plate from the USA, it arrived within a week or so, and then they sent me the advice of it being sent, AFTER, i got it :lol:

Bing

:thumbsup:

Hi manbing

Yeah, I had my car broken into twice, some time ago. They nicked my screen so I put a temporary MP3 player in there and then even that got nicked. Fed up, I decided to strip the car of all my system and re-install the standard CD player. Having used this for two months now, I have decided to go back to at least something more than a CD player.

Gonna get a MD player fitted next week and re-install a small 10" sub.

Just checked the FedEx site to see when they will deliver the fascia.

Est Del: 10th Aug by 8pm (could have been 8th/9th Aug if they delivered on weekends) after being picked up on the 5th Aug from the supplier. Pretty quick I reckon.

Anyway, I will be posting up details on my install soon, including before/after and during.

Atik

Hi manbing

Yeah, I had my car broken into twice, some time ago. They nicked my screen so I put a temporary MP3 player in there and then even that got nicked. Fed up, I decided to strip the car of all my system and re-install the standard CD player. Having used this for two months now, I have decided to go back to at least something more than a CD player.

Gonna get a MD player fitted next week and re-install a small 10" sub.

Atik

maybe this will help try removed your front panel of your headunit from the car when you leave the car ,and dont play loud music with the screen up on any streets near where you live,or send me a small fee i send few thugs round there wait for them to thief again then they will kick there <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing head in

Hehehe,

Only problem was both my head units that got nicked had non-removable fronts. The screen was a Kenwood but when closed, it looked just like a black blanking plate. The other Sony MP3 player had a stupid nice shiny front fascia which I admit did stick out.

Got a decent face-off unit to put in now, so hopefully all will be ok.

I'll keep your 'thug plan' in mind ;)

Funny you should say that atikali

My Alpine, folds away inside, so i too, can't take mine out, but finger's crossed :fear: hope mine doesn't walk....

But saying that, this Alpine was in my last car, Corsa, and it stayed in there for over 2 years, perhaps it was just bad luck for you atikali ;)

Bing

:thumbsup:

Yep, agree with you there manbing.

Although, I think that my car may have been targetted - but I have no idea by who!?!

Anyway, I have now got my new MD headunit fitted and BOLTED behind the dash! No thieving git is getting this one easily!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links