Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Colour Change

jaxx

ok so im contemplating wether to sell up and get an mr2 or just go plain daft with the yaris and if the latter is to take place then a colour change is going to be in order

being as everything else is getting a bit wilder on the car then the std thunder grey is starting to get a bit dull and isnt really doing any favours as far as im concerned! if i had had my kit a month before JAE it would already be a different colour now so the thinking continues here on........

but i aint sure what to do!

colour flip - best ever paint job but a tad too common??

pastel colur - becoming the in thing but a bit !Removed!??

matt colours - very daring, very different, i like them a lot(!) but i dunno if id risk it!

flashback - if youve seen kens car then imagine that in a greyish colour instead

your thoughts and suggestions please?

:thumbsup:

two tone is the way forward.

I's go for a white on the top with a bright metallic bottom colour, you know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Sell up and buy an mr2 mate cos when the novalty of the new paint

wears off, you'll still want one but you'll be a grand or two less better off. B)

Sorry to be a killjoy... Are matte finishes actually allowed - I though that there was something about it being difficult for other road users to see...

Anyhow, If it is then that would look smart - sort of like a Stealth bomber..

Race-rep could look a bit naff - but I guess you'd make a pretty good job of it and pull it off.

Pearlescent's always cool...

Pastel can look a bit "Audi TT" - if you know what I mean ;)

Matte would be my preference!

A

Sell up and buy an mr2 mate cos when the novalty of the new paint

wears off, you'll still want one but you'll be a grand or two less better off. B)

:thumbsup:

Sorry but, sell up.......... If ur thinking of paint jobs...dont bother.

Only a massive engine plant with feed ur desire......spend the money on that.

Or an Mr2.

Ps Matt is well nice, as is chalk blues or greens......

I think you should keep the yaris, you have spent so much on it so far mate would be a shame :( change the colour then hunt the power :thumbsup:

id say choose a very nice metalic that stands out like sexy blue, the dark blue they use on the V12 Vanquish is lush :drool: then get the paint shop to give it that little extra :thumbsup:

Mr2's are brilliant cars mate but remember your leading the way with the Yaris its all new and exciting, you won best of show (!Removed!) cos you had a great looking/modded car which is very rare in comparason to mr2's etc etc some cars you beat had great amounts more spent on them and bucket loads more of power you won because it was original and thourally deserved to win in my eyes, remember who dares wins, you aint scared to be different and its paid off :thumbsup:

just my 2 pence worth, and the desision is really down to what you want in the long run.

back on topic a sexy blue gets my vote :thumbsup:

Niz

good point alexi, and thats what favours me keeping the yaris

toooooooooooooooooooo slow though! needs more go for me to keep it!

was conciderin a 3S engine swap :drool:

where theres a will theres a way :thumbsup:

look at all the silly power other small/medium hatches are running after heavy tuning and/or engine swaps etc etc

its rumoured Mk4 Fiesta currnetly being built 500+ BHP and 4WD

....Fensports corrola!!!!!!!

...ka's with over 300BHP

...Plenty of RST'S with over 250BHP

...Hundreds of golfs, civics, polos, saxo's. Pugs, R5's with 200BHP plus

now just gotta do it to a yaris, all got 4 wheels and the similar chassis just depends how much you wanna spend mate :thumbsup:

Niz

golden rule though

to build a fast car - start with a fast car

sorry but get an MR2 the yaris handling is neva gone hold the road wit so much power especially round bends MR2 is so much sexyier! the yaris is only good cuz its cheaper to insure but ur age an mods on the yaris u'd b betta wit an MR2

as said above, go for more power, and if not then get a respray in that really nice alfa light blue

ed

sorry but get an MR2 the yaris handling is neva gone hold the road wit so much power especially round bends MR2 is so much sexyier! the yaris is only good cuz its cheaper to insure but ur age an mods on the yaris u'd b betta wit an MR2

Completly agree there. TBH i dont think that i will get a T sPort Yaris in the end, Its a nice yeah but it will never be a very able car if u know what I mean

Well Rob..... you know me.... I am after an MR2 as well... albeit the roadster instead... if I could tho I would keep the Yaris (as well!)

But If you do keep the Yaris.... how about.....

Pearlescent white?...

or....

dark blue with colour change to turquoise..metallic?

Hi rob

Go for the MR2 mate. My friend at work has just traded his 02 Astra sxi in for a K reg MR2 turbo. He's over the moon about it. I really cant wait to see it tomorrow. I will let you all know how it drives.

As for the power thing you are never going to get a load of power out of the yaris unless you are going to do a engine swap or pay a silly amount on a turbo conversion and with that you are going to have problems i bet. And still only be pushing out say 150bhp. Your better off getting a car with the power to begin with and then building on top of it mate.

Now thats what i would do mate if i was in your shoes. just do it mate. Your car alone you will be able to have a straight swap like my mate did and you can be driving around in a MR2 turbo in a week or so :yes:

Go for it mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

yup ..

Was going to take it to JAE .. but tool "alternative" entertainment ..

its hard to say jaxx, nizan has point and a few of my firends said the same thing when i said i wanted to get a nissan 200sx.

you have taken it this far, why not go a bit further? it will be a real head turner.

i would go for a candy paint job and put the 3s-gte engine in her... so what if she is too power full lol when your on the motorway at about 70 - 80 then some one is on your bumper traction wont be an issue - you plant it and your gone :yes:

just take it cautious roung the corners

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links