Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Halfords Dash Cam Services

Kieranm9091

Hi All,

A few years ago I had a dash cam fitted into my car by my local Halfords, as I am expecting a new car to arrive very soon I will need this camera to be removed. Does anyone know if or have had Halfords to remove the dash cam from the car too?

It is a hard wired dash Nextbase originally bought from Halfords.

Many thanks

Removal is usually easier than installing. Have you considered doing it yourself?

6 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Removal is usually easier than installing. Have you considered doing it yourself?

To be honest, not really looked into it. Are there instructions online for the mk3 yaris?

That I can't answer. Start at the end you can see and follow the cable. You may need to remove a panel or two, but might be able to find individual instructions for panel removal online.

The ease of removal depends on how easily they fitted it.  Ask Halfords

As Big D suggests you could try yourself starting at the camera and follow the cable.  If you hit a snag then it will be no problem for a mechanic to follow through and remove the rest. 

SNAP. 

• Like 1

2 min job it will take you longer to get the glue off the screen. It's easier to remove than to install

TBH if it's a cheap Dashcam leave it in the car get your self another more up to date one

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, flash22 said:

2 min job it will take you longer to get the glue off the screen. It's easier to remove than to install

TBH if it's a cheap dashcam leave it in the car get your self another more up to date one

I think this is a very fair point, before you decide to remove it why not have a look at the dash cams now on sale.  The quality has improved over the years while the prices have either remained the same or dropped.  There are a number of high quality camera available around the £100 mark or around £150 for front and back combinations, not forgetting of course if you take the Halfords route they will charge for the removal.  Just remember to either remove or wipe the memory card if you intend to leave the camera in the car.

If you decide to remove it well, having work for Halfords for some years I personally would not let them work on my car and, as others have said, removal is far easier than installing although even that is not that difficult.

It is not just the memory card you need to wipe. 

Reset the dash cam and also your car system. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

TBH if it's a cheap dashcam leave it in the car get your self another more up to date one

Took it out today, I just followed an installation tutorial in reverse basically 😁Removing the trim etc was a piece of cake, more than I thought and it all went back together pretty good too. I am due a Corolla in the next week or two so have taken it out before selling this Yaris, I will then install this cam in my girlfriends car (now I know how easy it is, and it is also a similar Yaris) and will get a new one for myself.

A win win really

• Like 2

Mission accomplished - along with a sense of achievement

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links