Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Have A Screw Loose

Assie

Hello people,

I recently bought myself a used yaris. It's a silver GLS 1.0 vvti 2000. It's my first car and I'm loving it loads!!

One thing that bugged my though was the cassette player (being i only have a Madness tape from when i was a kid). :D So I decided to replace it with a Sony MD player.. i've installed it and it all works perfectly. The only problem is, while i was installing it, i lost one of the screws into the centre column from the ashtray/coin box bit!! i've shoved my hand down it but can't get a grips on it!! i haven't drviven it since, is it going to be a problem you think??

Cheers for listening,

Assie

try pulling off the small cover at the bottom and see if its floating round in there somewhere

oh...........

hi and welcome to the club!

thanks for such a quick reply. I was thinking of doing that, but i looked into the gaping hole in my dashboard and it looked as if the cover was connected to a box that read "Toyota - Airbag." Understandingly, i stopped tinkering after that!! i may just have to look at it again tomorow morning (it's raining now)!

Assie

I done it too, it wont cause you any problems, it may rattle but mine didnt. One day you will probably find it in your footwell :)

A couple of screws missing wont harm the dash either ;)

:lol: yea ive done it :D amount of times ive took the dash of surprised aint lost any more lol :P welcome to the club btw, yea like jaxx says should b behind that bottom centre collum, pulls off nicly :thumbsup:

ah ha... got it!! pulled off the grey plasctic bit that's directly underneath, couldn't see it. Shoved my hand in and could feel it right near the cup holders. So I pulled up the cupholder plastic thingy!! It was sitting right there laughing at me and all the cuts up my right arm!! <_<

Assie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links