Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 3-Button Head Unit Software Update

MrSmith

Hi all,

Long time lurker here, finally decided to bite the bullet and join since this forum has been invaluable to me over the years as a proud Aygo owner 🙂

I own a 2018 Aygo X-Play, with a 3 button (Android Auto/Apple Car Play) head unit from a 2020 Peugeot 108. In the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a slight lag in the overall responsiveness of the unit and have wondered if it is in need of a software update? Currently the Audio version is 8.14, Operating System 1 is 8.34 and Operating System 2 is 8.59 (see the attached image for reference). This could be the most up-to-date software version for all I know.

I signed up for the Toyota Tech EU website, but can't find any Aygo-specific software updates for purchase/download. If anyone could help me find the latest update, I would be very grateful. Thank you so much! Chris.

20220419_112353.jpg

Toyota call in the tripleplay the information is under TSB's - 8.14 is the only one i have, it seems Pug have slightly different OS updates

lagging with AA/AC can be a cable breaking down through use, make sure the app on your phone is upto date as well

• Like 1

Also make sure the usb cable is a data cable rather than just a charging cable.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for responding, Bob and Mike. The lag isn't affecting overall usability thankfully, but it is something I've noticed in recent weeks and my initial thought was "software update".

Since 8.14 seems to be pretty up-to-date, I guess the most likely issue is the cable. It's only a cheap charging cable so I suppose a better quality data cable should help!

Also thinking about getting a Motorola MA1 cable for wireless AA, but they're so damn hard to find at the moment (at a reasonable price at least)!

Try an Anker cable they are decent quality for the money, and do last

8.14 is late 2019

i will have to look to see what the latest is - It's likely to be one of the last as it's EOL

02/2022

BE-00492T-TME  

Aygo Triple Play Display Audio-unit: USB connection not working

BE-00699T-TME  

Aygo Triple Play Display Audio Unit - Trouble Shooting Guide for USB related issues
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Try an Anchor cable they are decent quality for the money, and do last

8.14 is late 2019

i will have to look to see what the latest is

I'd be interested in knowing if there's anything after 8.14 that is actually available. I've scoured the net and found nothing. The Toyota Tech EU website has quite a lot Toyota Touch updates for various models available for download (some require a licence key card though), but nothing for the Aygo tripleplay unit. I assume the focus going forward will be on the Aygo X, which makes sense.

For now, a new cable is in order! Thanks for taking the time to respond, Bob.

The touch2 has its own section, the tripleplay updates are with the TSB's (technical service bulletins)

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, flash22 said:

02/2022

BE-00492T-TME  

Aygo Triple Play Display Audio-unit: USB connection not working

BE-00699T-TME  

Aygo Triple Play Display Audio Unit - Trouble Shooting Guide for USB related issues

Just managed to find these updates under the TSBs (thank you!). There doesn't seem to be any other triple play updates.

Do you think there is any downloadable software in either of these? I'm considering paying for an hour's access, but if they're just help guide PDFs, it wouldn't be worth it.

That i do not know, its €4 plus vat for the hour, i have not got anything on my list to warrant going on there myself, be aware if you do get an hour's Sub be sure to log out and log back into the site as the Sub doesn't always apply automatically

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

That i do not know, its €4 plus vat for the hour, i have not got anything on my list to warrant going on there myself, be aware if you do get an hour's Sub be sure to log out and log back into the site as the Sub doesn't always apply automatically

Curiosity got the better of me and sadly, neither of the latest TSBs provide any software for download. In fact, the only TSB containing a software update download for the triple play unit is from September 2019 and contains audio version 8.12. I searched for all terms related to triple play/pioneer/x connect/software/update to no avail.

So, I suppose that settles it then. 8.14 from late 2019 is probably the most up to date software version for the triple play unit.

• 9 months later...
On 4/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, MrSmith said:

I'd be interested in knowing if there's anything after 8.14 that is actually available. I've scoured the net and found nothing. The Toyota Tech EU website has quite a lot Toyota Touch updates for various models available for download (some require a licence key card though), but nothing for the Aygo tripleplay unit. I assume the focus going forward will be on the Aygo X, which makes sense.

For now, a new cable is in order! Thanks for taking the time to respond, Bob.

Hi Guys,

I love the work you guys are doing here. Is there anyway you could help me get the latest 8.14 software? Currently I am running on 8.12 and I would love to solve the bluetooth issues I am having.

20230217_235741.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links