Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amp

OOV

ok ive wired up mi amp etc and im using the standard headunit. had rca converter plugged in, pulled out headunit and where the guide someone has done on here has a blue block mine has a white block with all green wires. ive tried usin the white block on the left but theres no sound and no amp working from that. ive also changed fuses just incase and still nothin.

dunno what to do now

:help:

hmmm sounds like u hav the built in cd player! i had the black box where the toyota cd player wud go if ya bought it!

im stumped, ne1 else know?

have you earthed the amp, also did you just poke the wires into the block or did you splice them? also make sure you have got the wires in the right sockets, it should be the first four (front and back) on your left in the block

also, tell me about your car what model yaris is it? is it 03? i got a 03 plate yaris and mine had a blue block in it, trying to sell it now since i purchased a new merc

yep earthed it, when ya pull the headunit out there are three lots of blocks, the blue one for u guys is white n full of green wires, how about if it try n match ur coloured wires up with the green ones of mine.

so confusing!

I dont think the model of the car matters

if i remember correctly it should be the middle block that you want, my yaris had the standard toyota built in cd player in it, also have you checked your amp settings and connected it to the Battery?, you might want to check the connection to the car Battery to make sure you have done it correctly!

i fink its all ok, looks fine and everythin is in place, im hopin its just these wires and that i put them in the wrong place first time round.

does the amp power up... or are there no signs of the power coming on, if this is so it must be the Battery connection, if not its the wiring mate, my suggestion is that you take apart the dash again, and try putting the wires somewhere else!

yer i will try the wires again.

when wud the power light come on the amp is it to do wi the power cable or the remote wire?

not sure mate my amp didnt have a remote... i would imagine it to be with the power cable, if thats not powering up then you havent connected it to the Battery correctly!

well, i suggest you go through the installation process again, just to make sure you have got everything right because that can't do any harm.. and you may find you have put something in the wrong place like a wire or connected one up wrongly.. i find i do this a lot of the time, doesnt hurt to check!

hey all,

well i fink i got it workin, i matched up the wire colours from the blue block in the newer cars n put them in with the green wires in mine, switched on and it works.

i aint wired it up properly yet cos i wanted to make sure it works. wen i slamed car door shut it stoped music n then carried on, is there a way to stop that or will it stop wen all the wires are in place?

thanx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links