Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd Air Filter Toyota Yaris

Yaris-SR-1986

This is not a TRD induction kit mate, the seller has just stuck a TRD logo on it! <_< Best bet is just 2 save up and get an A'PEXi!

Cheers :thumbsup:

You are bidding on a brand new after market Air Filter with a TRD Logo on it

Looks like a random filter and someone has stuck a TRD logo on it.

And it does not come with any pipes or anything to fit to the airbox or however you fit them.

I wouldnt trust them.

I'm unsure if this would fit the Yaris mate, wen I had my A'PEXi, the metal adaper bit didn't look the same as that 1!

hold on...what you're seeing are just the filters...

meaning with a bit of a custom piping done any filter will fit into your car unless of course it doesnt fit under the bonnet!

an induction "Kit" is the filter along with the exact piping to match the setup of your car's bonnet.

If you just buy the filter, you have to come up with some form of piping, then you're set.

I myself just got a k&n filter as a gift, i'm taking it to have a piping done and i'm set.

IMG_0546.jpg

meaning with a bit of a custom piping done any filter will fit into your car unless of course it doesnt fit under the bonnet!

an induction "Kit" is the filter along with the exact piping to match the setup of your car's bonnet.

If you just buy the filter, you have to come up with some form of piping, then you're set.

I myself just got a k&n filter as a gift, i'm taking it to have a piping done and i'm set.

IMG_0546.jpg

Just a word of warning Oiled filters have a habit of !Removed! up MAF sensors :) I think a few people of the forum have had problems.

Thanks

Kevin

IMG_0546.jpg

Just a word of warning Oiled filters have a habit of !Removed! up MAF sensors :) I think a few people of the forum have had problems.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevins right RFvitz don't do it! Unless u don't mind paying Toyota £100 odd 2 give u a new MAF in 6 months time, thats wot happened 2 mine wen i had the Pipercross on it! :(

:eek::blink::eek:

wot do you mean? these filters have been fitted on many cars... is this a problem with just the yaris?

what exactly is the problem? as far as i knew they didnt damage the car in any way, contrary i was told its better for the engine than a regular panel filter?!?!

its just the type of MAF that the yaris has, which is electronic rather than mechanical.

it doesnt like being splattered with oil! as the sensor gets bunger up. if it was mechanical youd have no probs

you can but youll have to keep cleaning the MAF

Mass Airflow Sensor

sometimes known as AFM - Air Flow Meter

There was a link before showing how to clean it .. but cant find it now. But anyway, its gonna be a delicate process cleaning the MAF sensor every couple of months .. and bodging it just once is enough to cost you more than the induction kit is worth.

Not worth it IMO. :thumbsup:

I asked the person where i got the air filter from whether there is any possibility at all that it would cause any problems.

he said theres no way... i beleive they offer some garuntee on that aswell... i'll confirm before i get it installed, thats IF i do get it installed.

anyone know where this link is? (to clean your MAF)

anyone know where this link is? (to clean your MAF)

It wos a link from Lexus Owners Club so u could pop in there and ask! :yes:

and your pipercross was the same type of filter as i've got?

Yes it wos a wet filter the same as ur's, my MAF went up the creek tho and I've had mine longer than Lee! Its only a matter of time Lee! :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links