Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shell Optimax

vvtl-iboy

It's probably already been discussed previously, but does anyone else run Optimax in their Cts? (I know a few people run super or something similar from other companies). If so have you noticed any difference in power or fuel consumption?

I personally don't think the performance or economy is any better. I've even noticed once that the lift in 2nd gear was barely noticeable. Admittedly, this has only happened once so may have been something to do with me.

Just wondered what other people think about it.

:thumbsup:

Funny enough was just thinking about this today, i do notice a difference in power over normal 95 octane fuel not really any difference in power, but if you read through the owners manual it has a warning that 97 octane fuel must be used, stating that you can damage the engine??

Not sure if this is relevent, but has anyone noticed there CTS loosing power, mine has done almost 50K and the lift dosen't seem to have as much ooomph, more gradual now?? anyone noticed this

Shell Optimax is the mutts nuts. Def superior to any of the other brand super unleadeds. Trouble is i got to pay about 8 (Yes Eight) quid a gallon for it. :angry:

I MIX IT A TENNER OF EACH.

I've had my cts 6 months now and conducted my own, non scientific, comparisons of different fuel types in the motor. Basically I kept a note in my diary, I know it's sad but you never met my wife...

Anyway.

95ron - car runs OK. Shell seems to be the best, slightly higher mpg than the rest. Asda Supermarket by far the worst!

97ron - car runs sweet. Sainsburys is the best for me as there price is better than other garages.

98ron - please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Optimax and BP Advance fall into this category. Def the best fuels for the car, Optimax the winner BUT is the price premium worth paying?

For me, no. The way i drive, the miles I do etc, I get better price/performance/mpg ratio from the 97ron super unleaded I get at Sainsbury's.

Like I said, non scientific and just the results from the way i drive etc

If I could afford it, I'd run Optimax all the time but I can't :(

Snert

Not sure if this is relevent, but has anyone noticed there CTS loosing power, mine has done almost 50K and the lift dosen't seem to have as much ooomph, more gradual now?? anyone noticed this

Could be an issue with the oil level as that's what pushes in the extra cam at 6200rpm (from what I've ready anway). Have you checked oil levels? When was it last serviced?

It's probably already been discussed previously, but does anyone else run Optimax in their Cts? (I know a few people run super or something similar from other companies). If so have you noticed any difference in power or fuel consumption?

Yeah, I try and put a tank of Optimax in whenever I can - it definately improves performance.

Could be an issue with the oil level as that's what pushes in the extra cam at 6200rpm (from what I've ready anway). Have you checked oil levels? When was it last serviced?

Just had its 40K service and had an oil change, but i will have a look in to this maybe slip a bit of mobile one in.

Hi guys, I think I mentioned somewhere in the posts that I'm not getting a good lift after filling her up with optimax. Then, after about 3/4 of it was used, the lift is back, more devilish than before. You'll have to step on the throttle fully to appreciate the lift, but you'll have to shift quickly again otherwise it'll hit the redline much sooner than you expect....

I've just refilled her with optimax for the 2nd time now, and I think it's worth the pennys as I'm getting slightly better mpgs... around 36mpg combined....

On my third fillup and my MPG has gone from 42mpg to 45.5 mpg and the motor feels a little quicker to. (even if it is a 1.3litre EE111) mind you my Rover 420 GSI would eat it for breakfast & demolish the fuel tank into the bargain :rolleyes: )

98ron - please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Optimax and BP Advance fall into this category. Def the best fuels for the car, Optimax the winner BUT is the price premium worth paying?

YES it is worth paying (and no I don't work for an oil company!)

Shell Optimax, my friends and I have found is about the best 'Super' Unleaded fuel you can buy. It is around 98ron+ which is actually better than what some old Leaded fuels used to be (around 97ron).

We have used it in all sorts of classic Vehicles as well, ranging from 1970's MGBGT to 1940s Bedford QL Army Wagon, everything seems to run better (and tickover a lot better when stationary) also better starting.

We know there are those who say old vehicles cannot run on unleaded (because of valve seat regression etc.) but due to the low mileage classic vehicles tend to do it would take years for damage to happen plus you would have to drive the vehicle at high revs most of the time to cause this wear.

For more modern cars another advantage is it burns cleaner and can thus be more beneficial when it comes to M.O.T time for the emission test part.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links