Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

10 hours ago, bZ4X said:

I did 😊 their answer: "We will contact on behalf of you,  then dealer will contact you back ASAP. Which dealer was it? "

Unfortunately Toyota UK distributor and their customer service is very poor.  I have experience with other Toyota distributor in another country and I can honestly say that dealers are not afraid of anything as much as they are afraid of getting complaints there! 

Then you keep going until you can go no further, head of Toyota UK then if needed, contact Toyota Japan.

I did this with VW, it took me a year but once I contacted VW Germany the car was changed.

Most c/s people have targets to solve complaints but we live in a world were mostly they just try to fob you off but I always give them a chance to fix issues.

• Like 1

Subaru has started posting youtube videos! Have you noticed?

https://youtube.com/channel/UCuL9-r9FCIh1SlRDdcaAKjw

I think Toyota is promoting many new bz4x videos as well. 

Is this a marketing strategy to prepare for the sale as this problem has been resolved?

Update: I noticed that it is not the official account. Although I like the videos! 

Well, I'm now hedging my bets. 

Just had an email from Tesla to make me aware they've just made rear wheel drive model Y's available in the UK. 

For the sake of £200, I've just placed an order and I'll decide which way I'm going to go as events unfold

• Like 1

BZ3 wheels with zoom: is the solution found? 

chinese-government-reveals-the-toyota-bz3-the-electric-corolla-ahead-of-time_10.thumb.jpg.081163e9fcb7706eee12b44643aca50f.jpgchinese-government-reveals-the-toyota-bz3-the-electric-corolla-ahead-of-time_9.thumb.jpg.9452feacb5c01c2c637bdf9b78a72ba1.jpg

These are from another forum  by francis073

And bz4x:

toyota-bz4x-2023-09-exterior-silver-suv-wheel.thumb.webp.359e5065b0b5e05ab28f4db972ec7be2.webp

• Like 1

Hello, 

I am not sure, if this was shared before. I visited another Toyota dealer today, just to see if I can get update by any chance. Sales manager informed that the cause of loosen bolt was heat. It is expanding when it is hot. So over time or when you push the car to its limits, the bolt loosens.

7qE7d.png.df895bcbef0e724f133c3fdf2fe78e84.pngcover_news071.thumb.jpg.e2641fd101f49e58c0b00b29cc712d6a.jpg

• Like 1

If this is a recent video, Subaru is giving training:

I dont have tiktok to confirm it. Maybe someone can do that. 

Not: The video was uploaded 1 hour before I posted this. So quite recent. 

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

Hello, 

I am not sure, if this was shared before. I visited another Toyota dealer today, just to see if I can get update by any chance. Sales manager informed that the cause of loosen bolt was heat. It is expanding when it is hot. So over time or when you push the car to its limits, the bolt loosens.

7qE7d.png.df895bcbef0e724f133c3fdf2fe78e84.pngcover_news071.thumb.jpg.e2641fd101f49e58c0b00b29cc712d6a.jpg

Did they provide the top bolt diagram with red / green arrows?  That’s new from what I remember.

16 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Did they provide the top bolt diagram with red / green arrows?  That’s new from what I remember.

No, it is a generic pic. 

13 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

No, it is a generic pic. 

Thanks.  Regardless, I could see how studs / lug nuts could have avoided this.  If true, maybe retrofit them all to studs / lug nuts.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Thanks.  Regardless, I could see how studs / lug nuts could have avoided this.  If true, maybe retrofit them all to studs / lug nuts.

I dont know what solutions they are currently seeking for or planing to apply. But even basic material change can recover the failure. Thus car wont need design change.

We will soon see what solution 80 engineers will come up with. 😊

On 8/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, bZ4X said:

I dont know what solutions they are currently seeking for or planing to apply. But even basic material change can recover the failure. Thus car wont need design change.

We will soon see what solution 80 engineers will come up with. 😊

Saw this on Reddit.  Just a rumor until confirmed.  If true, sounds like a quick fix.

snip———————————-

Let me preface this by saying that this is just a rumor I saw on a Japanese internet forum today, and I don't even know if it's true or not.
In a private Facebook group, an engineer said that Toyota has already found the cause of the bZ4X's wheel falling off and has found a solution.
He said that the cause was thermal expansion and contraction of the bolts and that changing the material of the bolts would solve the problem.
I can't confirm anything so this is just a rumor.

Side note from the US:  One owner of a BZ4X has noticed that his and two other units are no longer on the dealer lot.  Salesperson didn’t know where they were taken to.  Others have noticed that theirs have been moved on the lot (different dealers) for the first time since being picked up.  May not mean a thing but it’s movement.

8 hours ago, rfrancis073 said:

Saw this on Reddit.  Just a rumor until confirmed.  If true, sounds like a quick fix.

snip———————————-

Let me preface this by saying that this is just a rumor I saw on a Japanese internet forum today, and I don't even know if it's true or not.
In a private Facebook group, an engineer said that Toyota has already found the cause of the bZ4X's wheel falling off and has found a solution.
He said that the cause was thermal expansion and contraction of the bolts and that changing the material of the bolts would solve the problem.
I can't confirm anything so this is just a rumor.

This can't be coincidence. We may say that this rumor is quite confirmed itself by coming from different sources. Big day is 7th of Sep. Only 9 days left! 

Visited my local Toyota in London yesterday. They have two BZ4X, one a demonstration car and one in the showroom. They were delivered this week. They couldn't give me any updates but having these two cars surly means the cars will be available soon..

31 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Visited my local Toyota in London yesterday. They have two BZ4X, one a demonstration car and one in the showroom. They were delivered this week. They couldn't give me any updates but having these two cars surly means the cars will be available soon..

Have you noticed any difference in the car? Especially with the bolts. 

Couldn't see any difference to the car. They told me they are not driveable until the fix. Have included a picture

20220828_135038_compress30.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Couldn't see any difference to the car. They told me they are not driveable until the fix. Have included a picture

20220828_135038_compress30.jpg

Is this premiere trim? The black plastic cladding around the wheelarches are painted? 

Yes they are painted, smooth to touch, not matt. I didn't ask which additon it was, was just too excited to see the car and sit in it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MSNP said:

Yes they are painted, smooth to touch, not matt. I didn't ask which additon it was, was just too excited to see the car and sit in it!

😵😵😵😵😵

I thought all trims are coming with matte black plastic! That looks so nice.

Now, you must definitely learn which trim is that!!! 😂

And if you go again, more photos appricated.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Is this premiere trim? The black plastic cladding around the wheelarches are painted? 

All trims in the US are painted like that.  I didn't think any outside of the US were until I saw that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

All trims in the US are painted like that.  I didn't think any outside of the US were until I saw that one.

Yes, me too. I wasn't aware of that UK would receive painted trim. We must definitely learn what changed or which trim is that. 

I am very excited now! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MSNP said:

And if you have time to go there, could you please ask if this certain car has  7.7 kwh charging or 11 kwh? Because all premiere trims would come with 11 kwh and vision would be 7.7 kwh. 

Just now, MSNP said:

Ok, called the dealer, its the Vision!

Wooooow just woooow! And many thanks! 

Interesting, the Motion and premiere demonstrators in my local dealer in June both had plastic Matt wheel arches and the Toyota configure website shows all 3 models as still having plastic Matt arches. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links