Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

49 minutes ago, rfrancis073 said:

Now for a shot across the bow....this just posted from a UK poster (mbell) at the BZ4X forums....

snip---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The vehicle tracker website now says that my bz4x has completed its journey to the dealership, after being held elsewhere for a few weeks...

It's here!

Your new car has arrived

Your new car has completed its journey. After your car has undergone a final full inspection, your local retailer will contact you to arrange an appointment. At your retailer, you will be briefed on the features and technology of your car to give you complete confidence once you get into the drivers’ seat. And remember, thanks to the Toyota build process, our comprehensive Toyota Relax warranty will ensure you can also have complete confidence in your future journeys.

Thank you for choosing Toyota. Enjoy your new vehicle.

snip---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which trim is yours? 

25 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Which trim is yours? 

I'm actually a US customer that's been following you guys for some time.  My BZ is a Limited model - AWD.  It's in the Port of New York but because of QC hold / recall, it's stuck there until further notice. 

We don't get the tracking APP that you guys have (sadly) so the only info we get is from the dealer.

My dealer had one in the showroom yesterday.   I didn't ask if it is for demonstration or just for show. 

4 hours ago, MSNP said:

Hi all

My app is showing a new order number and says my order is being processed. Anyone else have this? 

My app is also saying my order is being processed, after previously showing in transit Derbyshire for several weeks. My order number is still the same though. Just for info my order (end March) is for a Vision, and so has the bigger wheels, in case the size of the wheels has any bearing on remedial action. My vehicle was, produced mid May if this helps form a better picture of what's going on

When i look in chrome using developer tools, i also see same vin number, but now the ETA to final destination is showing as null instead of having a date like it previously did

don't forget to check out the Lexus or the All-New Subaru Solterra if you're not happy with your Toyota dealer. Although these cars are the same near enough, you should be able to get a good discount if prepared to haggle or walk away 

the Lexus looks to me the best inside 😉

• Like 1

Was thinking of the Lexus even with the reduced range until i saw the price very recently....... an extra £20 000 on top!!!!! Not a chance!!!!!

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Seems like they have recalled the first production lot, wheel bolts seem a red herring, this is something way bigger

Maybe during the recall they discovered someone suckered them with the Battery packs and they were given all the exploding LG batteries recalled from the Konas and Niros, and they're trying to quietly swap them out before anyone notices! :laugh: 

(Clarifying Disclaimer: This is a total fabrication that I made up just now)

• Haha 3

I spoke to Toyota this morning about the delays and they didn’t say anything about a new build order but my app is also saying Processing Order not In Transit (order number doesn’t seem to have changed though)

On positive news I explained I was without a car as my previous lease car had to go back and they confirmed that Toyota UK will be providing me a loan vehicle next week until my car is ready. 

• Like 3

Ordered my bZ4X (Motion) in early April. Its been at Derby, UK since early July according to the My Toyota app. I monitored my expected delivery date carefully and it moved gradually over time from 21st June 2022 to 14th September 2022 (as it was yesterday). Like others have reported, today it reverted to 'Processing Order' and the expected delivery date was 'void'. My order number is unchanged. I contacted my dealer about this change and they said that there were huge delays with the fix for bZ4X wheel problem and not to expect anything positive until early next year.  However, when asked, they could not really back up where this information had come from. So, I conclude we just have to wait for a formal announcement from Toyota before we know what really is happening here.

• Like 1

I've tried contacting my dealer but they never return my calls. I guessing they have no idea when the cars will be released 😞 

UPDATE:  The person at the BZ4X forums that received the vehicle is at dealer message contacted the dealership.  They have not seen the car and have no idea when it will arrive.  Something screwed up in the notification system I suppose.

• Thanks 1

Update in the Toyota Forum today, Q4 is October at the earliest

As a global recall involving all key markets, efforts continue with over 80 engineers working 24/7, led by TMC with Akio Toyoda closely involved, to investigate the root cause towards a resolution and to deliver the corrective measures necessary to allow deliveries to recommence. At this time, however, a resolution is still under investigation and as such we are unable to communicate a date for when the temporary Stop Sale and Stop Drive will be lifted. Please do not rely on the ETAs as these will not be accurate whilst the Recall is in place and the production is paused.

We apologise for the ongoing inconvenience caused as a result of this recall. Safety is and remains at the heart of what we do.

We’ll have an update early in Q4.

8 minutes ago, Malop said:

As a global recall involving all key markets, efforts continue with over 80 engineers working 24/7, led by TMC with Akio Toyoda closely involved, to investigate the root cause towards a resolution and to deliver the corrective measures necessary to allow deliveries to recommence. At this time, however, a resolution is still under investigation and as such we are unable to communicate a date for when the temporary Stop Sale and Stop Drive will be lifted. Please do not rely on the ETAs as these will not be accurate whilst the Recall is in place and the production is paused.

We apologise for the ongoing inconvenience caused as a result of this recall. Safety is and remains at the heart of what we do.

Thankyou Malop for the info. 

I'm struggling to understand how over 80 engineers are on board with this and still haven't got a resolution, starting to wish I'd ordered a Tesla Model Y now, before the price rises

24 minutes ago, Malop said:

I would like to share with the BZ4X forum.  Can you post a link where this came from?

I have spoken to Toyota customer service who say over 80 engineers are working on the problem, but have no idea of the cause as yet.

I am told dealers are being informed of the options to put forward to customers, within the next few days.

Gerry

Further all cars in UK to be recalled and new orders placed on factory for orders to be rebuilt.

presume that is why options are to be given.

Gerry

On 8/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, fourbanks said:

don't forget to check out the Lexus or the All-New Subaru Solterra if you're not happy with your Toyota dealer.

The Solterra is subject to the same recall as the BZ4X. 2,700 BZ4X and 2,600 Solterras have been recalled.

I think I'm at a loss for words from reading the above, if true.

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Solterra is subject to the same recall as the BZ4X. 2,700 BZ4X and 2,600 Solterras have been recalled.

Yes mike, thanks. They are not available at this time as they have all been built the same apart from inside the cabin and this applies to the Lexus i believe? You can't even place an order, just an enquiry form 

1 hour ago, rfrancis073 said:

I would like to share with the BZ4X forum.  Can you post a link where this came from?

It’s comment 370 (currently last comment) on this Toyota news post

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-14/#comments

7 minutes ago, Malop said:

It’s comment 370 (currently last comment) on this Toyota news post

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/all-new-toyota-bz4x-makes-world-debut/comment-page-14/#comments

Thank you very much.  Looks like this isn't going to end well. It might be time to get my deposit back and move on.

The golden rule when buying any car is not to purchase new technology under normal circumstances. As for this type of recall, then it would not be prudent to continue. That's my take on this matter, as it doesn't make any sense when you can purchase an electric car from another manufacture who has launched their brand successfully. Of course if it's a company car, and you're not footing the bill then no problem go right ahead but for those having to purchase at £40.000 plus not a good idea at all 

That 'forum' above is the official Toyota UK website, and the reply is from Toyota UK

The recall was announced 23 June 2022.  The update today says "We’ll have an update early in Q4....."  That is sometime after 01 Oct 2022.

If a fix has not been identified , despite "80 engineers working 24/7..."

Coments above "Further all cars in UK to be recalled and new orders placed on factory for orders to be rebuilt..... "  also imply the existing vehicles will be returned to Japan.  If so, it would not be unreasonable to assume this vehicle is fundamentally flawed by design and may never see the light of day.  The damge to the image / brand being so serious, Toyota may well decide to withdraw the vehile all together.

Dealers - Would you want to try and sell a vehicle that has the above pedegree ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links