Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clunking Noise From Wheels In The Back

Rancorbeast

Hey guys ! here the deal. Got this Corolla 2002 CE...this baby's got almost no milage...just turned 20 000 km... thing is we now got this clunking noise when making a left or right turn... it definatly sounds like it's related to the wheels in the back because at low speed the "clank clank clank" is going real slow and of course at high speed the "clank clank clank" goes real fast ! The problem now got worst...the noise is now happening when the car is not turning...mostly at low speed ! Last check up at the dealer he said he could not "see" anything wrong... I'm going back there next monday and taking the guy up for a ride so he can hear it... but I don't want no dealer " it's a normal sound" crap... any suggestion as to what is causing this noise ? It has been suggested this is a known problem with corollas with the CV joint...I'm no car expert but isn't the CV joint only for the front wheels ??? My father's got a 2001 corolla CE with the very same noise but it's a lot less frequent with him... he tells me I'm gonna have a hard time having this fixed under warranty... is this true ?

Thanks for your help

really really really forked wheel bearing.

they usually hum or make a whril sound at each rotation of the wheel... my front left is doing it in my trueno... im replacing it on tuesday :D yay for mechanic work.

anyway, i suggest the wheel bearing... but i might be wrong... as i usually am :P just ask a mechanic, think it could be the wheel bearing?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links