Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Working?

stgeorge

Right then been running the 2 (thanks to Rash ;) ) for I guess 6 weeks or so now and I still havent seen the petrol warning light - which is odd as I am on first name terms with all the people working in my local petrol station!

Last night the needle didnt move off empty when I left work at all so I assumed it was fairly low but still no light - could someone let me know when it should come on so I can decide if it works or not? To put it into context I put 42 litres into the tank last night (217 miles worth :o ) but the warning light wasnt on........

Any help appreciated - this isnt a major problem but would rather not run out of petrol...

Ed

BTW - 'N' reg rev 3 UK car if that makes any difference....

Generally the light comes on when you have about 15litres left in the tank and it usually starts flicking on and off at just above the bottom line on the dial. Below the line its on constantly (though it can change if you go up or down a hill), the needle stops moving at just above the E mark

Id say your warning light has just died, to be sure though get the needle just underneath the bottom line on the dial n see if the light comes on, you'll still have a fair bit of petrol left at this point (about 15-20 miles if you run it dry) so dont worry!

Thanks for that - do you reckon it is a fuse or the lamp itself? Guess if it is the lamp this could be a pain to replace so might stay broken!

which is odd as I am on first name terms with all the people working in my local petrol station!

:lol: Surely cant be that bad?!?

I am averaging between 20 - 25 mpg :( main problem is when I drive to work it only takes 5 mins so the car is not warming up properly (I think)

Anyway if I had been worried about fuel economy I would have bought a........ well I dont know what I would have bought but it wouldnt have been an MR2!

First name terms.... hahahaha

I just switched to my MR2 from a 3lt twin turbo Supra. The MR2 seems like the most ecconomic car in the world! I can even drive to the airfield and back without having to stop for petrol at least once. It's wonderful only having to visit a petrol station once a week!

It's wonderful only having to visit a petrol station once a week!

Guess I should think myself lucky :D

I am averaging between 20 - 25 mpg :( main problem is when I drive to work it only takes 5 mins so the car is not warming up properly (I think)

Anyway if I had been worried about fuel economy I would have bought a........ well I dont know what I would have bought but it wouldnt have been an MR2!

Dude, I'm getting more than that from my Turbo!

...Sell it and get a tubby! :thumbsup:

:lol:

lol - only had it 6 weeks - need to keep it at least till it is paid for then who knows........ it could well be turbo time!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links