Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaky Sump

HappyGilmore

Been working on a Gti for about a month now, Its starting to look quite nice, A lot more white than rust now. Problem is, I drove it back from the workshop the other day and it developed a mammoth oil leak.

Its got a pinhole leak in the Sump! I've got a feeling that a lot of the sump is quite rotten. Anybody know how easy it is to get hold of one, or how easy it would be to repair? What could i use to repair it?

Its a 91 plate Gti if you need to know anything else about it just tell me.

Cheers

you could take it off and have it brazed at any local garage for a few quid.

I'm slightly scared of taking it off, i've got a feeling there's not a lot left of it, The leak is just a pinhole at the moment but i dont want to mess around with it too much.

ok here's what i did once, get some fibre glass matting and resin and seal it with this , drop oil first though.build the layers up over time to say 3.

go to http://www.247spares.co.uk/japanese-parts/ and ask them for a sump from a 91 Gti

Then when the new one arrives junk the old one, you'll nver get on top of the rot problem once the metal has the rot worm thats it, you need to cut it out and get rid. Relacing the part is cheaper and easier in the long run.

havin problem wiv ur sump

i gt a toyota corolla gti red colour g reg

it stil starts it just needs a new bonnet and a left headlight after a slight accident

u can take the parts off this and put it on 2 ur corolla

i am selling the whole car for £250

if u're interested let me no

I've drained the sump, leaving it to dry out for a few days. Managed to get hold of this stuff "belzona" its a polymer metal :huh: or something, anyways, its rapid setting stuff so as soon as i get the sump dry enough i'm gonna slap that on to patch it up until i get time to repair it properly. Thanks for your help guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links