Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina 2 high life 1.6....HELP??? So may questions...............

thefliff

Live in Ireland. I have 2 Carinas...1990 and a 1992 high life...imported from UK in 1996..Irish reg. I have it one month...

Q1. Did this car a rear spoiler....?  if so where can I get one?

Q2. Did this car have a stripe with HL near F/R mirror? If so where can I get one?

Q3 Was this car a special edition?...

Q4 mine has electric windows which I don't see in any pics online...puzzled?

Q5 anyone got a sales brochure or carina maintenance book or online links that came with car?

Ps I love these cars and have done hours of searching for parts and searching history....any help would be very helpful....and in case anyone recognises this car and would like to get in touch the Reg is 92 CW 1xxx,,,I have all the history on my 1990 and it has been a great experience...

Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I also own a Hi life so I can try to help. Don't have any sources sadly except the service manual and a single Hi life sales brochure I'll show later. 

It usually did come with a rear spoiler afaik. The only place now you'll be able to find one would be from another Carina model as it was the same across all trims

think it was a special edition to sell leftover units to make room for the Carina E. It was rushed out to clear old stock before the new model and upcoming Euro 1 standards for emissions, so even though Wikipedia says it wasn't sold in the UK, some dealers got it over here to simply shift units for new stock.

Options are a bit of a mess because it was in the middle of a recession and it was the last year so don't be surprised if you find weird or unusual combos

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

hi and thanks for the above info...think i may forget about the spoiler...would he hard got!

since you have one could I pick your brain a bit further...I am having trouble sourcing the correct shocks springs and pads. My front end is way off (way too high). I knew this when i bought it 2 months ago but have had terrible trouble finding the correct items above. the part number for the current springs are 14872306..see attachment for measurement of shocks...140mm...but I'm not sure if they or the shocks are the correct ones. Recently purchased the 3rd set of pads and they too don't fit...

the car is mint but the driving experience is awful...every bump feels like a boulder

any help would be appreciated

IMG_20220910_173117.jpg

IMG_20220719_111739.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, thefliff said:

hi and thanks for the above info...think i may forget about the spoiler...would he hard got!

since you have one could I pick your brain a bit further...I am having trouble sourcing the correct shocks springs and pads. My front end is way off (way too high). I knew this when i bought it 2 months ago but have had terrible trouble finding the correct items above. the part number for the current springs are 14872306..see attachment for measurement of shocks...140mm...but I'm not sure if they or the shocks are the correct ones. Recently purchased the 3rd set of pads and they too don't fit...

the car is mint but the driving experience is awful...every bump feels like a boulder

any help would be appreciated

IMG_20220910_173117.jpg

IMG_20220719_111739.jpg

Well, finding Carina specific parts is going to be a nightmare except for Generic toyota parts, Sadly

I'm Guessing that SOME 4th generation Celica parts MIGHT  FIT a carina (At160 vs At170) which hopefully should be easier to find but I wouldn't say for sure. Even if they do fit they would probably change the Handling characteristics. Again, just on paper. Sorry I can't be of much help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links