Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

20 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Bob, what about the opposition prices as that is stupid.  Have you tried Petrolprices.com?

Get on to one of your local newspapers, get them to run a survey story.  Shame Morrisons. 

One Lincolnshire online media ran a story with prices across the county.  They are not level but not too wild either.

Roy,we have a Shell garage in the town which I haven't listed their prices since I started this post as they have been historically high since we moved here 6 years ago. Shell petrol today 153.9p and rising.

I do Look on a couple of petrol map sites etc so I get a good idea of the local prices. My email to Morrisons last year was replied by telling me it was the daily fuel rate that controlled the prices. What a load of BS.👍

The local papers receive revenue from the adds that these supermarkets place with them so they don't want to risk running a story.

As Morrisons have sold their petrol stations it will be interesting to see what happens with the new owners prices.☹️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bper said:

As Morrisons have sold their petrol stations it will be interesting to see what happens with the new owners prices.

You mean will prices rise or will prices rise rapidly ?

• Like 1

Norwich, Morrisons and Shell 142.7

Not the cheapest but lots of competition 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Norwich, Morrisons and Shell 142.7

Not the cheapest but lots of competition 

Yes I am aware of Norwich prices but it is 19 miles from us and plenty of lower prices.👍

23 minutes ago, Bper said:

Yes I am aware of Norwich prices but it is 19 miles from us and plenty of lower prices.👍

Shafted is the word you are looking for.   I bet if you drew 1p/ltr circles out from the high price, then worked out the cost difference against mpg (typical figures) it would magically become cost equal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Shafted is the word you are looking for.   I bet if you drew 1p/ltr circles out from the high price, then worked out the cost difference against mpg (typical figures) it would magically become cost equal.

Roy I can't argue with that but this just goes to show other members what a big disparity there is between petrol prices in different parts of the country, it is no more then profiteering and it is shameful for Morrisons to do this but unfortunately they don't care.😠

• Like 2

Today my cheapie Shell station 141.9 with the nearby morereasons 139.9.

I check Shell E5, a whopping 16p/ltr more expensive. I would need a better than 10% improvement on mpg to justify a switch.  £4.80 more per tank full is more than I want to pay.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Today my cheapie Shell station 141.9 with the nearby morereasons 139.9.

I check Shell E5, a whopping 16p/ltr more expensive. I would need a better than 10% improvement on mpg to justify a switch.  £4.80 more per tank full is more than I want to pay.

Your Morereasons 139.9p My Moronsons 151.9p .How can these stores be that wide apart on their prices.?:censored:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Morrisons up again today 152.9p.🤬

• Sad 1

Morrisons up again from Friday 152.9p to 153.9p WTF.🤬

• Sad 2

Morrisons down in greater london 141.9, Tesco not local to me 140.9.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Morrisons down in greater london 141.9, Tesco not local to me 140.9.

Mojo, 12p difference from London it is ridiculous.😡

• Like 3

Don't usually notice, but I had to fill up today,so the Tesco Esso E5 was £1.50 as near as , I can't remember the £1.49.448899 etc parts of a penny to umpteen decimal places.

• Like 2

Abridge Shell is 139.9 for unleaded and 154.9 for super...!

They also have nice locally made sausage rolls :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Abridge Shell is 139.9 for unleaded and 154.9 for super...!

They also have nice locally made sausage rolls :biggrin: 

Where is Abridge Cyker?, not being sarcastic even if you meant Abridge, I still don't recall the location from when I was working down greater London area.

Do you get the Shell v power?

And are the sausage rolls hot?

• Haha 1

It's this weird little random village on the other side of the M11 from Loughton. The A113, which parallels the M11 there, runs right through it.

I found it while I was hooning around randomly - There are some fun roads around that area, although they've gotten a lot busier these days!

They do have some hot sausage rolls but they're not the same and not as nice as the locally made ones. I'm not sure if you can heat them up though. Some of the female cashier staff are pretty hot too :naughty:  :laugh: 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's this weird little random village on the other side of the M11 from Loughton. The A113, which parallels the M11 there, runs right through it.

I found it while I was hooning around randomly - There are some fun roads around that area, although they've gotten a lot busier these days!

They do have some hot sausage rolls but they're not the same and not as nice as the locally made ones. I'm not sure if you can heat them up though. Some of the female cashier staff are pretty hot too :naughty:  :laugh: 

So if you asked one of the cashiers out would you to wear a Shell suit.😂

• Haha 2

Oy! I don't mind being followed on my sartorial elegance choices in fashion, but appropriating the Shell suit would be going just too far.

I still have the white one I got married in , and the black one with purple stripes and diagonal pink that I reserve for serious occasions, like court appearances for instance.

• Haha 4

Jeremy Hunt is set to extend the 5p cut in fuel duty once again in this year's Budget, which is expected to cost the Treasury around £5 billion. However how is this making any real difference to us motorists when the cost of petrol has increased way back up again since before Christmas.

Its obviously people have had enough and they should call a general election as soon as possible. The worrying thing is are we going to get the same results with Labour.☹️

• Like 1

So, the fuel duty gets cut by 5p and this will cost the treasury around £5 Billion. How are they going to make up this loss. It's going to have to come from somewhere. 

How are they going to fleece the motorists this time?

• Like 2

That is the biggest problem with our political system - It feels like no matter who gets in, it's basically the same **** with a different party logo.

There is literally nobody I actually want to vote for - They're all horrible people who don't deserve to have any kind of power over us. The only thing I'd gladly and willingly vote for is whether to fire them all into the sun or not. Even for the London mayoral election, I feel like I'm having to vote between Hitler or the Devil - I would actually vote for Count Binface if I thought he had a chance, just to stop either of those two getting in!

It gives me sympathy for the French, where they have to tell each other to hold their noses and vote for the incumbent, despite how loathsome they are, because the opposition are literal fascists! I don't know how we can fix this.

• Like 2

To be honest, I'm not sure if anything can be done. We are living in unprecedented times with politics. The whole establishment seems hell bent on imposing further pain and misery on the people it is elected to serve. 

The government regardless of which side, haven't got a clue how to run the country and every day we are seeing this once great country that we grew up in slowly being destroyed.

They seem to spend more time worrying about race, gender and problems in other countries than concentrating on our own. We have an outdated political system that gives people only two choices and both spend their time on MSM evading answers to questions because they have no intention of actually solving the real problems. Britain is broken and none of them will fix it.

People should ask themselves if there is a motive behind all this because it can't just be down to pure incompetence, it must be deliberate.

Watching both sides of the house when Hunt made his budget speech today, the sneering and laughing and point scoring shows the utter contempt these politicians really have for the ordinary members of the public. They think it's funny playing with our money and telling us how well they are doing and measuring our success against other countries and how high they are in the league table of other nations.

Bad governments always lie because telling the truth requires honour and courage.

Heaven help us all☹️

• Like 2

Local Morrisons petrol price was 153.9p they have reduced this overnight to 143.9p a 10p drop.

Yes 10p drop.WTF.🙄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Maybe they had their super and regular prices mixed up all along!! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/6/2024 at 7:28 PM, Bper said:

Bad governments always lie because telling the truth requires honour and courage.

Well said @Bper!!! How many leading folks serving in government have that..?? ....a rhetorical question... no answer required... 😆

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links