Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

There's a few petrol stations here who advertise that they have the lowest prices in the local area guaranteed, and they usually achieve this by ending in 7 instead of 9 :laugh: 

Why 7 instead of 9 it makes no sense 😡

Because 138.7 is technically lower than 138.9 so they can keep their slightly misleading marketing :laugh: 

• Like 1

I paid 137.9 today, which is even cheaper than 138.7

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I paid 137.9 today, which is even cheaper than 138.7

So why bother advertising the fraction as its not possible to fill a car up to this .9 .7 whatever. Now whilst we know its a marketing ploy why not just round it off to the nearest penny :confused1:

22 hours ago, Bper said:

why not just round it off to the nearest penny :confused1:

You mean "round it up to the nearest penny" 😉

• Like 1

Can we round it down to the nearest pound instead? :whistling1:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

43 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

Why not just scrap the fraction altogether.😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Can we round it down to the nearest pound instead? :whistling1:

Can we remove the pound and round down to the nearest penny 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bper said:

Why not just scrap the fraction altogether.😂

Let's start a petition to get the fuel stations to get rid of the fraction in the uk, it's soooo boring now. I got fuel here 138 tesco, I round it up as I got bored of the fraction for a long time. 

Also let's have a Toyota meet to celebrate @Rhymes with Paris 70th, though his prefer meal is at mcd with his 3 stripes buddies and the red pvc pants secretary. 

• Haha 1

Be careful what you wish for - Next thing you know we're paying 1389p a litre instead of 138.9 :eek: 

(Which could happen if synthetic fuels and hydrogen become the only legal fuels :fear: )

The FSA keep falling for that trick with insurance companies...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Let's start a petition to get the fuel stations to get rid of the fraction in the uk, it's soooo boring now. I got fuel here 138 tesco, I round it up as I got bored of the fraction for a long time. 

Also let's have a Toyota meet to celebrate @Rhymes with Paris 70th, though his prefer meal is at mcd with his 3 stripes buddies and the red pvc pants secretary. 

Mojo,great idea on a petition, how forward thinking, Politics beckons for you.😂 Did you know 12 out of 10 people can't do fractions.😂

As far as a meet to celebrate @Rhymes with Paris I think his local boys from the hood will be round to celebrate with doughnuts and many others just for the crack. I did hear that one of the presents is a new version on old spice.😄.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

Be careful what you wish for - Next thing you know we're paying 1389p a litre instead of 138.9 :eek: 

(Which could happen if synthetic fuels and hydrogen become the only legal fuels :fear: )

138.9, my wifes sister on her way to visit us stopped at a Shell station as she was running low and paid 175.9p. How do they get away with it.😡

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

If the price comes to that, only the well off can afford to run a car. Most of us will be on our 🚲. I don't envisage that happening in our lifetime. 

Bper, remote or motorway station prices are high as one has no choice if running low. Fill up enough plus a little more for the journey that's what most will do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bper said:

138.9, my wifes sister on her way to visit us stopped at a Shell station as she was running low and paid 175.9p. How do they get away with it.😡

Good grief I hope that was a motorway services for that sort of hike!! :eek: 

Even round here, BP, who are typically the most overpriced, are only in the high 140's :eek: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

If the price comes to that, only the well off can afford to run a car. Most of us will be on our 🚲. I don't envisage that happening in our lifetime. 

Bper, remote or motorway station prices are high as one has no choice if running low. Fill up enough plus a little more for the journey that's what most will do.

She stopped at a service station for a break and was running low but thought it was a good idea to fill up so she didn't need to bother on her return journey. When she realised the price she bunged a tenner in. When she told us the price I was WTF.

We know motorway service stations are expensive but how are they allowed to charge these sort of prices for petrol.☹️

• Like 1

Shell's profit for the past 3 years. 

Screenshot_2024-08-03-15-06-36-602_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e17faa3a48913161ec4117dd263bd9a5.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Shell's profit for the past 3 years. 

Screenshot_2024-08-03-15-06-36-602_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e17faa3a48913161ec4117dd263bd9a5.jpg

That is in need of a "shocked" emoji instead of the standard 4!! 😮

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bper said:

Because people pay his price. Many people fill up at places like this for convenience, quite possibly with company fuel cards, where the cost doesn't bother them. The fuel stations see a huge profit and are quite happy to continue charging these prices. 

The way I see it, is that we may be to blame. If we stopped buying fuel at these fuel stations, they may need to reduce their prices to attract business. The local BP I use is always busy, and I suspect their overall profit is higher than some of the fuel stations charging stupidly high rates. 

Low profit, high turnover equals more profit overall

• Like 3

On 8/3/2024 at 4:40 PM, Big_D said:

Low profit, high turnover equals more profit overall

Indeed! Isn't it strange how many traders in the UK seem to miss this obvious economic fact?!

• Like 3

Morrisons down from 144.7 to 143.7 gradual drop perhaps now motor fuel group have taken over.🙂

• Like 1

136.9 fill up today, though have seen 135.9 but wasn't able to stop by that station due to work. 

• Like 1

Oooh where!

• Haha 1

Tesco Lewisham. 

The TomTom app is also good for finding local cheapest station. I use AA for sat nav, free for 2nd year now, find a free code each time for a year. 

*While bper is happy with a penny drop, am still not happy with 137. Why do they con your area so much bper? Fuel at Morrisons today. 

Screenshot_2024-08-18-18-51-49-511_com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.thumb.jpg.8bf49a4de0b5a930c490451c1e3f5fa8.jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Tesco Lewisham. 

The TomTom app is also good for finding local cheapest station. I use AA for sat nav, free for 2nd year now, find a free code each time for a year. 

*While bper is happy with a penny drop, am still not happy with 137. Why do they con your area so much bper? Fuel at Morrisons today. 

Screenshot_2024-08-18-18-51-49-511_com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.thumb.jpg.8bf49a4de0b5a930c490451c1e3f5fa8.jpg

Hi Mojo,My comment about being happy with a 1p drop was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. It's actually ridiculous that the petrol at our local Morrisons is 142.7 today, which, as I mentioned, is just another 1p drop from my last post.The petrol station was recently taken over by the Motor Fuel Group, but it still trades under the Morrisons banner. As for why "they con my area," as you put it, it's because there's no real competition.This lack of competition seems to be a recurring issue around here. For instance, I was quoted £3,000 for a new dental bridge if they broke it while removing it again, because there's no competition.So, we only use them for regular check-ups and the hygienist. For major treatments, we either travel back to London or Budapest, where it's still a third cheaper than here. Ironically, our London dentist has removed my bridge four times without breaking it once.It just shows the extent of the profiteering we’re up against.😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I paid 134.9 today when I filled up. 3p down from the last fillup

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links