Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

Local Morrisons 141.7p today filled up in Norwich during the week 135.9p.☹️

It's 135.9 down here!

• Like 2

I drove past my local filling station yesterday and noticed that the price has dropped 2 cents to €1.779, (about £1.61p). !!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I paid 134.9p again yesterday

• Like 1

138.9 in my neck of the woods, the first time in a very long time that it has finally dropped below 140! had to look twice 😆 because that used to seeing 140 and above.

• Haha 1

Filled up today and price down to 132.9 in local Texaco.

• Like 2

Local Morrisons 140.7p. Are petrol stations dropping their prices knowing the October budget will likely raise the fuel duty by 10p.☹️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bper said:

Local Morrisons 140.7p. Are petrol stations dropping their prices knowing the October budget will likely raise the fuel duty by 10p.☹️

I Hope not 😑 local Morrisons 136.7 today! i don't want to see anything with a 4 again!!! 🤞 unless it's the 3rd and 4th numbers 😆😂

• Like 1

Local Texaco station down to 129.9 today. 

Not seen a 2 as the second number for quite a while.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, G L J said:

Wow!! You lucky so-and-so!! 😂

My local Tesco is selling at 133.9

• Like 2

11 hours ago, G L J said:

Not seen a 2 as the second number for quite a while.

😯 never thought i would see it go that low! mind come Oct and budget time talk of a 5-10p possible increase on fuel duty? 🤬 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie G said:

😯 never thought i would see it go that low! mind come Oct and budget time talk of a 5-10p possible increase on fuel duty? 🤬 

The Treasury get quite a good annual levy on fuel duty.  With the hard push towards fully electric, if the government get their way there will be quite a hole left as demand for diesel and petrol diminishes.  The government will not permit such a loss to materialise, so where will the axe fall to replace that income?

• Like 2

Even they haven't figured that out yet :laugh: 

• Haha 2

I had to share this. Filled up the Yaris tonight

bp-fuel.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, hopefully that downward trajectory will continue! It's just dropped to 133.9 here! Maybe even Bper will see it in the low-mid 130's soon! :laugh: 

Any idea what's causing this drop?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wow, hopefully that downward trajectory will continue! It's just dropped to 133.9 here! Maybe even Bper will see it in the low-mid 130's soon! :laugh: 

Any idea what's causing this drop?

I had to post this,it was sent to me by fuel weekly.

Unleaded prices dropped over 4 pence per litre (ppl) throughout August, settling with an average price of just under £1.40 per litre. Prices as low as this were last seen back at the start of the year, during the 3rd week of January.

There was also good news for diesel drivers, as August opened with an average price of £1.49 before falling to £1.44 at the end of the month.

Currently, unleaded and diesel prices average 139.0ppl and 143.5ppl respectively. Although we saw unleaded prices at these levels early in the year, it was back in July 2023 that diesel was priced at a similar level.

Morrisons is leading the supermarkets with an average unleaded price of under 136ppl and diesel at 140.4ppl. The supermarket averages are all very close, with unleaded and diesel all within 1ppl.

Drivers in Northern Ireland continue to have the lowest-priced unleaded in the whole of the UK, although the price difference with fuel in the North East of England and Wales has closed significantly since May, when pump prices reached their year high. The gap was 5-6ppl in May and is down to 1.5ppl now.

At the start of August, we predicted a drop in pump prices for at least two weeks due to a strong pound and falling Brent crude oil prices. Brent opened August at $78 a barrel and remained in the $75-80 range for the whole month. On the 3rd of September, Brent crude settled at $73 a barrel, a price last seen on the 12th of December, 2023.

Through August the price oscillated within the $75-$80 range. This may lead to pricing at the pump varying depending on when stations purchase or have deliveries. It feels unlikely that we will see large movements either up or down for the next week to 10 days. If the price can hold below $75 a barrel for a significant period, we may continue to see some more price drops.

Do you live near a Morrisons fuel station? Are they leading the way near you? 😂😂😂

Someone tell Morrisons where we live to drop the bl**dy price.🤬

• Haha 2

On 9/4/2024 at 2:19 PM, Haliotis said:

The Treasury get quite a good annual levy on fuel duty.  With the hard push towards fully electric, if the government get their way there will be quite a hole left as demand for diesel and petrol diminishes.  The government will not permit such a loss to materialise, so where will the axe fall to replace that income?

Pay per mile

• Like 1

Someone tell Morrisons where we live to drop the bl**dy price.🤬

I think they heard, Morrisons 140.7 down to 139.7p :thumbup:

• Haha 2

Noticed this today.

IMG_20240907_163836.jpg

• Like 1

Blimey the LPG's a bit steep!

It used to be 43p per unit here before they closed it down some years ago. I can see why LPG's practically dead if that's the sort of price it's going for - You're not really saving any money over petrol!!

• Like 2

Morrisons down again today 138.7p🤞

• Like 1

Morrisons down again today 132.9p🤞

• Like 2

Filled up today at local Texaco. Down to 127.9 

• Like 3

127.9!? :eek: 

• Like 1

Screenshot_2024-09-11-11-08-33-043_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.51cb1c1fc6eb343a41d71e0ab7484501.jpg

This shows the amount of profiteering going on with big brand fuel stations. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links