Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ggggggggrrrrrrr

Karma Supra

I'm not sure how many of you guys are round and about the south oxfordshire area, but they have been graveling the roads recently around here.. some kind of resurfacing stunt.. it means stones go everywhere....

They have max 10 mph signs along the roads they have done.... so we are rolling along at tenish the other day.. someone ina volvo goes screaming past and flicks up a huge stone and makes a big chip on my mr2 windscreen..... despite speeding and driving likea *****, as usual the police are not the slightest interested and I can't get his insurance details.......

Driving along the day after (yesterday) on the henley to reading road (one of the smoothest roads for miles, no need to be resurfaced???).. following a bike going up the hill.. keeping my distance.. he opened the throttle and kicked up a stone and put a second !Removed! chip in my screen..

GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Does anyone know how much a new mr2 screen is???, no my insurance is not an option :(

pfffft :blink:

this happened to me with my old bumper. I had loads of stonechips afterwards. Some people are just plonkers !

We had that here in Ireland, too, a couple of weeks ago.

Answer is what I do. Take the long way round. :thumbsup:

Course, you have to know about it in advance

Yeah mate I feel for you... Some idiots just give give a rats ....

A replacement screen for the '2 will cost you well over 400 notes. This is because of the slight blue tint impregnated into the glass.

I am guessing a performance car enthusiast (like yourself) would be fully comp covered insurance wise (especially in an MR2? That way your windscreen cover excess will be £50 (screen supplied and fitted) - jobs a good-un and doesn't affect your premiums or NCB either :thumbsup:

u can get the screen without th tint cheaper if u dont mind having a plain one, or try get a second hand one an a new seal

£380 was the best quote I got for a non-tinted one for the corolla... I doubt they make non tinted windows for MR2's as they were all originally supplied with tints AFAIK...

I'm not fully comp... 3 group 17 cars I can't !Removed! afford to be :lol:

I'll see what I can do.. I usually end up swapping my toyota spares for other peoples.. :D

50 quid through insurance .. and the UK cars got blue or green tint .. and the Jap cars got brown ..

Yeah I have to drive to Oxford to watch the mighty Yellows play ;) aswell as visit the grandparents.

The roads are really badly potholed around oxfordshire and do need resurfacing but they seem to need to do it every 3 months or so :S why not just do a decent job in the first place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links