Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rain glorious Rain.

Rhymes with Paris

A couple of hours ago,a cooler weather front came in up here (Lincolnshire) and rain started.

It is a wonderful relief after the oppressive heat of the last week or two.

I know it's no good complaining about the weather,so I don't,it does what it does.

But what amazes me somewhat, are the people who say "we really needed this" every time it rains a bit after hot weather,as though their lives depended on crops of ornamental flowers and grass to feed them.

Is it getting a bit more comfortable down south and other areas?

• Like 1

Not in this neck of the woods.  Certainly pleasantly cool,  hazy overcast to the east,  other than that it's fine.   However the oracle says another 50 minutes. 

Looking at the radar, everything SW of a line from Louth looks dry.  MiL I  Cleethorpes say rain there. 

If it does rain it won't run off.  It'll fall through the cracks 

• Like 1

Tony,

I have always been facinated how many of the property's for sale in your county are so well looked after and at such low prices considering the amount of money it must cost to do up against the sale value. Is there a secret to this.

• Like 2

It rained a bit down here but that's just made it more humid :crybaby:

Tomorrow's going to be fun - According to the weather I'll be driving through a monsoon most of the day! :eek: :naughty: 

(I really love driving in inclement weather :biggrin: )

18 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Not in this neck of the woods.  Certainly pleasantly cool,  hazy overcast to the east,  other than that it's fine.   However the oracle says another 50 minutes. 

Looking at the radar, everything SW of a line from Louth looks dry.  MiL I  Cleethorpes say rain there. 

If it does rain it won't run off.  It'll fall through the cracks 

Ah well, depending where you are,if the usual pattern of West to East weather patterns prevails, you should soon be cooler and wetter.

But of course, it's all subjective, some like it hot and dry.🐀

• Like 1

Much more bearable in the south west as there have been three or four showers today the latest lasting for a couple of hours, enough to fill the water butts at least.  I don't like the really hot weather much as I have difficulty sleeping, well I would without the air con unit running.  Still the sunshine does charge my standby and leisure batteries so I am not complaining it is free electric after all.

• Like 1

In London and greater London it's much better today @ 22C. A little rain. 

Certainly down south I think we should harness the sun's energy as much as possible but solar panels cost are still high so most home don't have it. My cousin in Loughborough paid £8k a few years ago for solar panels, think it will probably take 30 years before making back that money where they are. But it helps the environment with these renewal green energy. 

24 minutes ago, Bper said:

Tony,

I have always been facinated how many of the property's for sale in your county are so well looked after and at such low prices considering the amount of money it must cost to do up against the sale value. Is there a secret to this.

Well, in the catastrophic earthquake in 2008, with it's epicenter near here, the damage was estimated at £36.40 for the whole county, according to some wags on the internet.🙄.

while some properties here are into the £ millions, they are usually exceptions, such as large country houses and city properties in prime locations, such as near Lincoln cathedral.

The expansion of Lincoln university has had a large effect on house prices around here though, with the new medical school adding to that, I think.

So, no secret, just buy at a price that allows for renovation, remembering that tradesmen here have caught on to their real worth now.

There has long been a a geographic difference between house prices , with a lot of people enjoying moving here from the South East into this area, and welcome to them, I say.

Agree with Rhymes,  however tradesmen are still less expensive here.   We had a list of essentials in Woodhall Spa,  plumber,  white goods, general handyman,  car mechanic  and of course Arkwrights. 

Relocating South of Grantham we were lucky with a handyman virtually over the fence who quickly helped us get that essential support team essential to stress free living. 

Lots of wet water overnight.   Didn't hear a thing 💦

12 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

In London and greater London it's much better today @ 22C. A little rain. 

Certainly down south I think we should harness the sun's energy as much as possible but solar panels cost are still high so most home don't have it. My cousin in Loughborough paid £8k a few years ago for solar panels, think it will probably take 30 years before making back that money where they are. But it helps the environment with these renewal green energy. 

I have never been very convinced on the cost effectiveness of solar panels although I guess the massive rise in energy prices will have changed the equation.  I my case the solar panels are very much smaller and only charge a couple of portable power stations.  At the time I was looking at purchasing a generator to cover any power cuts and give me some mobile power but they were expensive and I also had issues with storing the fuel when not in use.  It was a lot of money considering it would only be used once in a blue moon, unless things change of course.  The advantage with the Battery storage unit and solar panels are they can be used on a day to day basis and still provide power during a power cut.  Downside it they will not run the whole house but will power my Internet modem and some lighting.  Day to day they provide a way to charge all the different Battery systems I have such as for DIY tools, water butt pumps and bicycle lighting along with charging mobile phones, laptops and tablets.

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Lots of wet water overnight.   Didn't hear a thing 💦

Yes,it all looks nice and damp this morning,a lot more comfortable temperature wise.

All being well I shall be going for lunch with my neighbor to Woodhall on Friday.

A very civilised place, well,it always has been when I have visited.

Hope it is always like that for the residents.

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

It rained a bit down here but that's just made it more humid :crybaby:

Tomorrow's going to be fun - According to the weather I'll be driving through a monsoon most of the day! :eek: :naughty: 

(I really love driving in inclement weather :biggrin: )

Let's hope the water stays below Battery level on the hybrids.🙂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Yes,it all looks nice and damp this morning,a lot more comfortable temperature wise.

All being well I shall be going for lunch with my neighbor to Woodhall on Friday.

A very civilised place, well,it always has been when I have visited.

Hope it is always like that for the residents.

Just before we moved there were 27 places where you could eat or drink. Pubs were thin on the ground but the food variety for a village was cosmopolitan. 

10 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Let's hope the water stays below battery level on the hybrids.🙂

Given the hybrid traction Battery lives *inside* the car I wholeheartedly agree!!! :eek: :laugh: 

32 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Given the hybrid traction battery lives *inside* the car I wholeheartedly agree!!! :eek: :laugh: 

That raises a serious point Cyker, what happens when a flooded hybrid or ev has the high voltage connections under water,?

Do you think there would be a danger to the occupants or just destroy the electrics?

Having had an alarming electrical fire in an old Granada with old tech ,it does make me wonder a bit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links