Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lane Tracking and Steering assist

brainii

On 8/26/2022 at 10:31 AM, Cyker said:

I've actually been using the 'dumb' cruise control more lately - It's actually been more efficient than the ACC, as it actually switches over to MG2 when it hits its target speed and is able to run on EV only, whereas ACC usually doesn't and will often just stay on the ICE until the battery is highly charged.

That's not my experience. It doesn't go into EV as early as I would but then I can anticipate things where the ACC can only react to actual engine load. I don't think the ACC knows anything about the power train state. It just controls the accelerator pedal and the ECU adjusts gear ratios and electric motor use as it would for us. So the ACC won't feather the throttle to prompt EV mode but I still find the car going into EV mode quite a lot even with only a moderate Battery charge.

There's also a debate to be had about whether us forcing EV mode is a good thing or not. If you're approaching a decline then it makes sense but holding the car at high speed (eg >50 mph) on a flat stretch of road possibly isn't the best use of the Battery charge because the ICE would be pretty efficient at that speed anyway and with the losses incurred in charging and discharging the Battery it might be better to just let the ICE do the work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndrueC said:

That's not my experience. It doesn't go into EV as early as I would but then I can anticipate things where the ACC can only react to actual engine load. I don't think the ACC knows anything about the power train state. It just controls the accelerator pedal and the ECU adjusts gear ratios and electric motor use as it would for us. So the ACC won't feather the throttle to prompt EV mode but I still find the car going into EV mode quite a lot even with only a moderate battery charge.

There's also a debate to be had about whether us forcing EV mode is a good thing or not. If you're approaching a decline then it makes sense but holding the car at high speed (eg >50 mph) on a flat stretch of road possibly isn't the best use of the battery charge because the ICE would be pretty efficient at that speed anyway and with the losses incurred in charging and discharging the battery it might be better to just let the ICE do the work.

I have only the “dumb cc” 😀 on my car and I use it when going downhill to hold the car instead of B mode and works as higher regenerative braking and charges the Battery faster without need to press brake pedal or use B mode and engage the ice. What a discovery I made 😉👌

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

I have only the “dumb cc” 😀 on my car and I use it when going downhill to hold the car instead of B mode and works as higher regenerative braking and charges the battery faster without need to press brake pedal or use B mode and engage the ice. What a discovery I made 😉👌

The acc does that too.  It will go as high as 4000 revs even if the hill isn't that steep, it does sound mechanically unsympathetic. 

B mode will not allow the acc to be activated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links