Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag warning light issue

marcel01

Hey everyone, I hope this the right place to post this kinda query.

I have a 2008 aygo with an airbag warning that goes on and off randomly, at first I thought it could've been moisture related as a few times it happened right after rain. I got a basic diagnostic done and they couldn't find the source of the issue, they only told me it's an error code B1826 "BFS front side airbag igniter circuit. Open circuit.".

I didn't have any other ideas as to what is causing that until today, when I closed (or rather smashed) the glove box the warning came on again almost instantly. I suspect there is an issue with some wiring/connectors under the dash/behind glovebox somewhere ? I tried opening small lid in the glovebox, only bunch of random wires there, all looking fine, I couldn't see any connectors there though (apparently there's supposed to be one easily accessible). 

I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions/ideas 🙂 

Check the connections under the passenger seat before doing anything more complex\expensive.

B1826

• Center airbag sensor assembly receives open circuit signal in side squib (P seat side) circuit for 2 seconds

• Side squib (P seat side) malfunction

• Center airbag sensor assembly malfunction

• Floor wire

• Front seat airbag assembly (P seat side)

• Center airbag sensor assembly

check the yellow connector under the passenger seat, OBD codes have generic meaning, B codes are manufacturer specific - above is the code definition for the Aygo KGB10 2005-10

The centre airbag sensor lives under the centre console, in front of the gearstick

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I've already checked the connector under the passenger seat a few days ago but I'll give it another try. Are there any other relatively easily accessible connectors somewhere in the front part of the car that I can check ? I'm pretty sure something there must be loose since one of the times the light came on after slamming the glove box door

Remove the centre console, 1 bolt in the cup holder the rest is clips IIRC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links