Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Biggest rims for 2021 Aygo without causing issues?

Raldo

I have the stock black and silver alu rims, and the fitment is so terrible. I want something to fit perfect, and run parallel with the frame of the car and not "inside" the wheel well.

Please help with meassurements - Toyota didnt know when I asked them
And the web says that they can max fit 15" (which is the ones I have on now) and there is still extremely much room left for both rims and tyres.

Is that a late Mk2 Aygo ?

Factory wheels are, 15" 4 x 100, ET 35, centre bore of 54.1mm, 5j or 5.5j, 175 or 185/55 R15

if you go up to a 16" you will compromise the ride

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=185-55-15X5.5ET35&wheel2=185-45-16X5.5ET35&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Is that a late Mk2 Aygo ?

Factory wheels are, 15" 4 x 100, ET 35, centre bore of 54.1mm, 5j or 5.5j, 175 or 185/55 R15

if you go up to a 16" you will compromise the ride

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=185-55-15X5.5ET35&wheel2=185-45-16X5.5ET35&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

I think its 165/55 R15 from memory when I ordered my all weather tyres standard fit.

6 hours ago, Raldo said:

I want something to fit perfect, and run parallel with the frame of the car and not "inside" the wheel well.

If you want something a bit more flush. You are best off going a little wider rather than bigger diameter. You can simply get some 15” 6j at Et35. The 6 inch width will give you choice in width of tyres while still making it drivable. You could put 195 tyres on those rim, although I'd stop at 175. It gives good grip and with a little stretch. The options in this size are nearly endless as you can fit wheels from Yaris Tsport, MR2, Corolla, Mazda MX5 and many others. 

In the end, it depends on what you are willing to do and what sacrifices you want to make. There isn't that much space available. The standard wheels runs about 2cm from the front McPherson strut. The Aygo doesn't have much in terms of wheel adjustment you can make to fit in wider wheels. Normally you'd increase camber to tuck the wheels under the arch. The other option then, is to roll your arches, but that might not be something you want to do on such a new car. 

if you go with a wider rim you need to alter the offset to compensate for the suspension and wheel well clearance at full lock

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links