Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 Aygo X Cross Reverse Camera

152bobby

I find the blue guide lines on the reverse camera totally useless.

I wouldn't mind if they actually lined up with the kerb etc !!

Is there any way of getting rid of the blue lines ?  The rest are fine.

• Like 2

Try reverse parking the car against the kerb, obviously without scraping your wheels.

The blue line, in my opinion should line up exactly to the edge of the kerb as a proper guide.  But to park the car correctly using these blue lines and to have the car parked close to the kerb, the blue line has to be over the kerb by quite a bit !! I honestly don't see the point in the two side blue lines !! I'll take a photo later to show you what I mean.

So, the blue side guide lines are fine for parking in a supermarket or car park.

But parking on a street with a kerb, if you use the same side blue line on the edge of the kerb, the car is about 10 inch or a foot away.  

PXL_20220903_083151621.jpg

16621944090341550182558536941871.jpg

11 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I find the blue guide lines on the reverse camera totally useless.

I wouldn't mind if they actually lined up with the kerb etc !!

Is there any way of getting rid of the blue lines ?  The rest are fine.

These lines show the car position so you can align properly against road markings and surface layout. Some cars has extra lines{ projectory}  that moves together with the steering wheel angle , they add more complication but some  drivers find them useful. You will get use to and won't be a problem, I don't think you can disable these. 

And WHAT is the far rear blue line for !!🥺

I think the blue lines are for a safe gap parking in between cars etc, back line is also a safe gap to the vehicle behind. I have same in my yaris, use it as a guide. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

So, the blue side guide lines are fine for parking in a supermarket or car park.

But parking on a street with a kerb, if you use the same side blue line on the edge of the kerb, the car is about 10 inch or a foot away.  

PXL_20220903_083151621.jpg

16621944090341550182558536941871.jpg

Ooohhh... I'll have to look at that next time I park in a bay - I always thought the vertical lines were totally useless too, as they put you like, a foot from the kerb if you use them as a guide, so your car'd be sticking out further than some fat SUV if you used them as a guide!

But if they're set to put you in a bay, then they won't be totally useless.

Your display is weirdly different to mine tho - On mine there are 3 horizontal lines:

The first one coincides with the maximum range of the parking sensors; As soon as that line intersects with a car/wall/whatever the parking sensors start beeping.

Line 2 is what I consider 'polite' parking distance and what I normally aim for.

Line 3 is red and if I cross that the parking sensors going into full BEEEEEEEEEE panic.

I love how you just pull these links out :laugh: 

You have an incredible memory!! :thumbsup:

I wish my Yaris' reversing camera had the bendy lines - The slight distortion of the camera due to the fisheye lens still throws me off a bit and I think the dynamic guide-lines would have helped...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links