Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maintenance required on hybrid battery cooling parts

MetManMark

Morning all

So this warning came up on the dash yesterday. Twice. Having checked out YouTube and googling I know that the sensible thing to do is to check the filter first as this can often get blocked. 

The videos / guidance isn't terribly detailed though. So I have two questions (hopefully noddy ones) that will help me get started.

1) How do I remove the rear seat cushion to gain access? I can slide my hand underneath but I haven't been able to ease it off.

2) There are three black plastic lugs underneath. They turn and turn but don't seem to come off. I could get a screwdriver and try to ease them out but I don't want to break them. I hate plastic things like this. A bolt or a screw would have been more sturdy!

Thanks in advance

Mark

2015 Auris Hybrid Touring Sport.

This post explains about lifting the seat on the hatchback, I think the touring sport will be the same.

The trim clips lift out, I don't think there is a trick as such.  This might be easier after the seat is off.  There are some further identical clips that are exposed when the seat upholstery is lifted out. As per this:-

P1130875.thumb.JPG.9466f3a90fbbb8578d433ec04da5cd9c.JPG

Your car is probably early enough to not have a filter, the dusty crap might have got through to the fan impeller.  On your car (mark 2 pre-facelift?), a fan filter is available from Toyota to fit over the super-course grille beneath the seat.  It is around £15 from the parts depeartment.  It clips onto the existing grille and sits on top of it.  Later cars have a filter already installed.

• Like 1

Thanks Gerg - I will give this another try...

M

All done. Thanks Gerg. The filter was absolutely filthy! Seven years of junk I guess. My wife will be using the car this afternoon so fingers crossed this will have done the job and the warning message doesn't come on again. It really doesn't take long so I am surprised it isn't a service check every two or three years.

M

I just use Giottos air blower to blow the lints around the screen. It works well if we do it every year. No need to remove the seat. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Maintenance required for hybrid Battery cooling parts at your dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links