Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just bought an Aygo

The Dev

Hi all

We have just bought an Aygo, 2013 mk1. This is not my 1st Aygo or 1st Toyota.

Our previous Aygo we bought new in 2008 and had it 8 years, only sold it because 1st child came along, 3 door and no room for pram. We had zero problems with the car so no experience of problems to help us now.

Our new to us Aygo has a few niggles and hoping you guys can offer some suggestion please.

Front headlight mists up / leaks, can these be repaired or is a case of a new one?

The tick over seems a bit rough / low / lumpy, feels like the engine will die but it doesn't.

Exhaust seems a bit noisy, could this affect the tick over?

Finally the car is in very good condition but has 107k miles on the clock, anybody suggest things i should be looking to replace over the next few months, HT leads type of thing? I can't remember the engine having a cam belt? We want make sure the car is reliable as possible.

We have a 12 month warranty on the car so anything suggested we could see if it is covered.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Hi Andrew, your Aygo is nearly 10 years old and done over 100k miles so will exhibit age related issues, and I would imagine that a lot of these will not be covered by the warranty ?

I would ensure that it's serviced, filters, brakes, tyres, etc and hopefully it will be a reliable wee car for you 👍

• Like 1

Hello,

Welcome back to the Aygo fold, leaky front headlights are rare, usually sealed units so new one is best. Talking of leaks check the rear / boot area lift carpet to check, yours is a later model so may have better seals etc.

Depending on what been done worth doing oil/filters/spark plugs service so you know what's so eliminate that but coil packs (one on each spark plug) can cause iffy running. These cars have timing chain so one less thing to worry about. At your type of mileage keep an eye on the oil level cos they like to use bit more oil over 80K/90K, nothing to worry about as many these engines done 150k+ miles happily.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies, I will carry out the recommended maintenance.

There is another slight 'concern' we have, when we start up the engine from either hot or cold the engine cooling fan immediately starts/comes on. It runs for just a few seconds then goes off.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links