Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation app in Aygo X

Donrald

I picked up my new Aygo X Exclusive on Friday. Very pleased with it. Much much quieter and smoother than our 13 year old Aygo Blu despite it being the same engine. One query though. When I press the button to select Navigation every single time a screen comes up asking me to accept terms and conditions. I would expect this the first time but not every time. Anybody any idea how I stop it?

Incidentally I forked out for the JBL sound system. Very impressive!

That safety message is more or less standard on all units, regardless if factory fitted or aftermarket.  If you just leave it, it disappears after a few seconds. 

You will just have to live with it.

• Like 2

Resolved. It is not clear but when the screen comes up there is an accept button. Pressing it removes the opening screen. But surely not every time. There is a reference to two lots of conditions. If you press on the wording nothing happens. But if you hold your finger on each for a long time they do. You then have to scroll down and accept them even if you don’t want to. You do this twice. That’s it. No more!

I spoke too soon! I thought the problem was cured but it’s back. Each time I want to use navigation there is a long pause whilst it fires up the screen and then I have to go through the process of accepting policies etc. that I may not want to accept but have to. I have never had this sort of problem before. With my Ch-R there was an initial acceptance and no more thereafter.

MyT Toyota app also now thinks I don’t own an Aygo X.

I'm not a mechanic, but i work with computers. Sounds to me that the multimedia head unit is completely losing power and resets to default settings, which could also explain the MyT app not being able to communicate with it when the car is turned off. Bring it to your dealer and have them deal with it under warranty since it's clearly a defect.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DucthPieter said:

I'm not a mechanic, but i work with computers. Sounds to me that the multimedia head unit is completely losing power and resets to default settings, which could also explain the MyT app not being able to communicate with it when the car is turned off. Bring it to your dealer and have them deal with it under warranty since it's clearly a defect.

That’s a thought. I have noticed that it now requires only a light touch on the accept button and it goes. That is a change. Although I still think it should not appear every time. The MyT Toyota problem may be because it thinks my car is a Ch-R. That was the previous one and I can’t remove reference to it from the app. There is no delete facility.

32 minutes ago, Donrald said:

That’s a thought. I have noticed that it now requires only a light touch on the accept button and it goes. That is a change. Although I still think it should not appear every time. The MyT Toyota problem may be because it thinks my car is a Ch-R. That was the previous one and I can’t remove reference to it from the app. There is no delete facility.

My old car is still on the MyT app and doesn’t interfere with it working with my Aygo X. As for being no delete option if you go to the garage section select the car you want to delete, swipe screen to left and then select car settings, you’ll find an option to remove vehicle. I haven’t done it but that I believe will delete your chr.

My Aygo X Exclusive doesn’t bring up an accept/reject conditions screen when I start navigation.

Apologies, I was wrong..I do get the terms and conditions screen when I start navigation. I checked this morning, I am so used to just pressing “accept”, I no longer noticed it.

I got the car in May.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:49 AM, Jason Monk said:

My old car is still on the MyT app and doesn’t interfere with it working with my Aygo X. As for being no delete option if you go to the garage section select the car you want to delete, swipe screen to left and then select car settings, you’ll find an option to remove vehicle. I haven’t done it but that I believe will delete your chr.

Does not work. No delete function.

Remove or delete doesn’t matter what you call it, it should have the same result! If the remove car doesn’t remove the car perhaps there’s a bug in the app that needs reporting, which I think can be done through the app store.

Mind you shouldn’t make a difference anyway. Both my old car and my current one appears in the garage on the app and I just have to select whichever car I want access to. I leave it on my current one as I no longer have the Aygo. Should be the same with your current car and the chr.

I guess you’ve tried talking to your dealer about it.

I have reported it via the app. No response. I have done it online. No response. I reported to Toyota Online and they have coke back suggesting a call at the local dealer which I will do.

I have just opened the app and this time I get a message saying ”Connect your car.” I had done before.mi better go out and check!

1 hour ago, Donrald said:

I have reported it via the app. No response. I have done it online. No response. I reported to Toyota Online and they have coke back suggesting a call at the local dealer which I will do.

I have just opened the app and this time I get a message saying ”Connect your car.” I had done before.mi better go out and check!

It seems I have success. I cannot count the number of times I have tried to connect the phone and failed, the QR code not working. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, switching off the phone etc. But this time when I got the message “Connect your car” I did and it seems to have done so successfully. There was a delay whilst I assume it connected with Toyota but then it came to life. I wonder if Toyota have done something. My old car still appears but it is greyed out. I cannot delete it.

21 hours ago, Donrald said:

It seems I have success. I cannot count the number of times I have tried to connect the phone and failed, the QR code not working. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, switching off the phone etc. But this time when I got the message “Connect your car” I did and it seems to have done so successfully. There was a delay whilst I assume it connected with Toyota but then it came to life. I wonder if Toyota have done something. My old car still appears but it is greyed out. I cannot delete it.

A success of sorts then. I hope it continues to work for you. I haven’t even tried removing my old one, it didn’t have the functionality of the Aygo X (mk1 Aygo fire), so sits there and just doesn’t get selected. If it did all I could do was manually enter service reminders, etc so wouldn’t interfere with any subsequent owners.

May try removing it at some point but for now it can just sit there, doesn’t effect the functionality of the app, unless someone knows something I don’t.

22 hours ago, Jason Monk said:

A success of sorts then. I hope it continues to work for you. I haven’t even tried removing my old one, it didn’t have the functionality of the Aygo X (mk1 Aygo fire), so sits there and just doesn’t get selected. If it did all I could do was manually enter service reminders, etc so wouldn’t interfere with any subsequent owners.

May try removing it at some point but for now it can just sit there, doesn’t effect the functionality of the app, unless someone knows something I don’t.

Still seems to work and I can start the car from inside the house and lock and unlock the doors!

4 hours ago, Donrald said:

Still seems to work and I can start the car from inside the house and lock and unlock the doors!

Yeah I’ve tried that. Can’t see me using it much though if at all. Can also activate your indicators for a set period if you can’t remember where you’ve parked it!

• 2 weeks later...

Navigation app on my Aygo X Exclusive shows when it is connected to 4G. Question is will it use 5G when this is available  and is the software 5G ready?

The manual if you can find the right section does not seem to cover this. Who actually thought the index out?

14 hours ago, Akuram said:

Navigation app on my Aygo X Exclusive shows when it is connected to 4G. Question is will it use 5G when this is available  and is the software 5G ready?

The manual if you can find the right section does not seem to cover this. Who actually thought the index out?

I didn’t think the Navigation app connects to the cell network but to satellite for the GPS. Mine shows 5g but that is when the phone is connected.

12 minutes ago, Donrald said:

I didn’t think the Navigation app connects to the cell network but to satellite for the GPS. Mine shows 5g but that is when the phone is connected.

I having just acquired a Avensis am trying to read the manuals. I totally agree with the complaint about the Toyota index. No idea if all models are the same, but I can certainly vouch for the complex nature of the almost unreadable index in the Avensis manuals.

Best Wishes and Regards, John

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Donrald said:

Ok thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links