Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interchangeable parts between Mk1 and Mk2 Aygo

CablesD11

HI all

Looking for some advice on interchangeable parts between the mk1 and mk2 Aygo.

I've found a Meyle parts catalogue (attached) that lists a number of parts that fit on both new and old versions of the vehicle. Unfortunately, it's not the parts i'm looking for though.

I'm looking to confirm if the front subframe and the rear axle are swappable, as both parts on my sons vehicle are badly corroded, and the 2nd hand mk1 parts i can find are just as bad. There are a large number of very good condition mk2 parts that would be perfect though. 

I found a manufacturer on autodoc that lists the same part for both the mk1 and mk2 subframe. They list both the 51201 0H010 and the 51201 0H020 as the same part. Unsure if this is an error or accurate though. 

Visual inspection of both the original parts seems to confirm they are the same as well, but there's only so much you can see from pictures. 

1221132340_ToyotaCatalogue_en.pdf

The front subframes are different, as are the rear beams, the bodies are the same, but there are major changes all over

don't trust aftermarket part distributors references

Autodoc aka the German car parts mafia, have some dodgy practices, including bait and switch - say you order Moog they with swap it at checkout for their cheap no name brand

What year Aygo ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165076815596

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The front subframes are different, as are the rear beams, the bodies are the same, but there are major changes all over

don't trust aftermarket part distributors references

Autodoc aka the German car parts mafia, have some dodgy practices, including bait and switch - say you order Moog they with swap it at checkout for their cheap no name brand

What year Aygo ?

HI Bob

Thanks for the response. 

It's a 2012. Got it for my son a few months ago but was expecting to have to do some work to it given its age.

Had only done around 30,000 miles (not always a good sign) and had passed every MOT bar one, due to a windscreen wiper, but i could see some corrosion issues with it before we purchased. It was, by far, the best car we had seen in the price range though.   

Got under it properly for the first time this weekend and the rust is bad. Both the front subframe and rear axles are delaminating and you can pick large chunks of paint/rust off easily. 

Was trying to change a leaky rear shock absorber but the mounting bolt had seized to the bush. Currently waiting on new bolts coming so i can cut the old one out and get the rear suspension sorted. 

My plan was to attack the rear axle and front subframe with the drill and wire brush attachments to get rid of all the grot before applying some rust remover and going over it with waxoyl. I'm just not sure if that will get passed an MOT when its due next year.

I may be able to get hold of a cheap mk2 front subframe. Are you 100% sure it won't fit? I know the control arms are different but from what i can find online the actual subframe is pretty much identical. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links