Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Decat Worth It?

BLOODUK

Is a decat worth doing on my mr2 Rev 2 ?

Will i have to put the original back on for the mot?

Yeah definitely worth it - especially on a 92 car as you won't have to remove it for MOT at this age.

Will add a few bhp and help revs/turbo spool up quicker.

I think ill get the exhaust done and then the decat at a later stage if i get the decat it only leaves me 93 on the credit card left over rather than 130 and you never know when birthdays crop up or emergancy payments need to be made ;)

Also the car is a K reg which would mean its a 93 but the log book states it was manufactured in 92 but regged in 93 in the uk

check the mot station see if it needs a cat , if not rip the guts outa the one thats on .rather than spend 100 quid on a decat pipe. :thumbsup:

On 1 January 1996 petrol engine vehicles equipped with catalytic converters and

registered after 1 August 1992 became subject to the new CAT emissions test as part of the MoT. Only Green MoT stations may carry out these tests. Those vehicles registered prior to 1 August 1992 fitted with CATs are not subject to the MoT CAT emissions test. There are some vehicles registered during 1993 and 1994 which may not be catalyst equipped.

I think what i will do as the log book and mot does say reg in uk : 1992 , ill get a decat fitted tomorrow depending on price if its too much ill just get the full system.

The week mine was booked in for a custom de-cat, the guy who was

making it broke his arm! :wacko:

Ive still not had it done yet but i'll defo be doing it at some point. :thumbsup:

The week mine was booked in for a custom de-cat, the guy who was making it broke his arm!

Does that mean you get it for half the price as the guy could only use one arm? :cacker:

The week mine was booked in for a custom de-cat, the guy who was making it broke his arm!

Does that mean you get it for half the price as the guy could only use one arm? :cacker:

No... it means it's gonna cost twice as much as it'll take twice as long!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links