Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key fob casing empty

MaddieJs

I’ve had my 2009 aygo for many years, having it as the perfect first car. I’ve never really cared too much to look into the specs of my car but one in particular has always puzzled me. The original key I was given has buttons on to unlock and lock rather than just using the key to manually lock. I opened up the casing to see why nothing happened with the buttons and found nothing inside. For these years, I have been using the key to lock myself and thought nothing of it but looking at some posts of issues with the buttons, I see I can do something about this.

I wouldn’t know where to start about resolving this issue because I have been made aware there are lots of things to watch out for when trying to get this working. Is there any advice anyone has to what I should do in this situation? I’ve seen I can purchase repair kits but I’ve only ever seen posts that are swapping the contents inside their key rather than not having anything inside the key like my situation.

Thanks! 🙂

Hi Maddie, the car itself would also need to be equipped with the remote lock/unlock to be as able to communicate with the key fob.

Your car might not be equipped ?

Be careful when opening the key not to lose the immobilizer chip

simple way to tell if you have remote locking - do you have a button to open the tailgate or is it a lock you use with a key ?

Do you have the green PCB (circuit board) as pictured below inside your key

1559096243_mk1aygokeychip.thumb.jpg.59cf4b960bb590ea695e7a71cd563571.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 10:40 AM, flash22 said:

Be careful when opening the key not to lose the immobilizer chip

simple way to tell if you have remote locking - do you have a button to open the tailgate or is it a lock you use with a key ?

Do you have the green PCB (circuit board) as pictured below inside your key

1559096243_mk1aygokeychip.thumb.jpg.59cf4b960bb590ea695e7a71cd563571.jpg

I checked inside my key and I don’t think I have that in there. I do have a button rather than my key to unlock. I’ll have a double check for the immobiliser chip. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:10 PM, Hybrid21 said:

Hi Maddie, the car itself would also need to be equipped with the remote lock/unlock to be as able to communicate with the key fob.

Your car might not be equipped ?

It may not be. I honestly would not be able to tell without doing research which I will go ahead and do now. Thank you! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MaddieJs said:

It may not be. I honestly would not be able to tell without doing research which I will go ahead and do now. Thank you! 

you must have the chip in the key to start the car, so it will be in there

• Like 2

PM me your reg number, I can tell you if it has central locking or not :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links