Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help: - 2nd 12volt Socket

mattmonkey

Hi there, I'm new here and a little worried about blowing up my car. Basically I'm trying to fit a hidden 12Volt socket behind my dash near the fuse box to power my Belkin Ipod adapter. I obviously decided the best place to power it from would be the existing 12volt socket. So I removed the panel just under the socket and the ashtray. I was hoping to simply pull out the whole socket and tap into the wires behind. However I couldn't manage that. It would really help me if someone could tell me how to do this, or where to find the correct wires to tap into else where. Thanx in advance.

Matt.

hi matt and welcome

to get at the socket you need to ideally remove the entire headunit to make life a little easier!

detailed how tos can be found in the sticky thread at the top of this forum

the way i have done something similar is to use a 4 way adaptor from Halfords with the plug in the socket (which also has an on-off switch) and then the adaptor hidden behind the panel below the dash

connected to this i have my phone charger, road angel and other stuff connected to it all at once

saves any messy wiring and things can be easily disconnected

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links