Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sub Fitting

supafly

After a few months of my sub sliding around in the boot, ive decided im going to finish the job and get it sorted.

Ive got a 10". Has anyone dot a 12" in the yaris boot without any problems?

The main question i want to ask is has anyone got their sub fitted in way that doesnt mean damaging the car e.g. drilling holes etc? and in a way that i can get the spare out sometimes?

Most of my mates have jus got a peice of MDF under there carpet and drill into that. but i cant do it because of that little tool kit under the carpet.

Thanx

B)

i used to have twin 12's in mine!

course you can put an MDF board under the carpet! thats all ive done!

You name it... ive run it - 1x12, 2x12s, 2x15s, 1x10, 2x10s .

Currently im running 2x10s :)

i too have cut out a bit of 8mm MDF and screw the amp into the base so nothing moves around and its nice and snug. The toolkit isnt in the way at all for me?

How?? Pushed the seat all the way forward, and made a smallish box .... still was good enuf to put out 143db ;) Whenever there is a will ... theres a way. Other option was to remove the back seat entirely but i liked the fact that they were still hidden from public view behind the rear seats when in carparks.

PIC : http://www.planetspeedy.com/sp33dy/echostuff/echo_rf15s.jpg

but wot about 2 15's

edit: jus seen pic okay

Edited by knightrider

try velcro pads! do the job perfectly! my sub is facing out towards the back of the car, i hav velcro strips on my amp so it sticks to the back of the sub box, works a treat, then i have got 2 velcro pads stuck to the underside of the sub box to stick it to the carpet, id say about 5cm by 7cm.

they do the job perfectly mate, and a simple two minute job!!

ive tried velcro before but i lifted carpet as it tilted when i went round bends. then it wudnt stick anymore :unsure:

maybe i need to use more velcro :thumbsup:

to get to the spare you need to fold down the seat then place the sub on to the seat

i havent had any trouble with mine it just stays there, no need to screw it down or even velcro it. the carpet on the box must stop it from movin

if you drive round bends fast the the sub will move, just make the boot smaller and then the sub wont move

Depending on how big the sub box is .... u might be able to jam it between the seat and the hatch and it wont move that way either.

I've got 2 10's in seperate boxes atm. I took the tool kit plastic thingy out and when the boxes are lying on their back (angled towards the back seat) they tuck nicely under the metal boot lip.

You can jam the boxes in place with the back seat (my connectors are in the wrong place atm to that tho!) and I have used Neutrik Speakon quick release connector for my speaker cables so I can disconnect and removed the boxes in about 2 mins if I need to use the boot :D

I must say... that first pic is mighty impressive to say the least.... I hope it sounded as good as it looks!

all I can say is why have you got those cheap seat covers

the bottom pic is an old one and now there is cobra monaco's in the front and the backs are away being trimmed atm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links