Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lhs Electric Window Not Working, Need Ideas..

babylon

OK the story is that I replaced the front Speakers and put new wiring in to a new head unit. I thought I managed it without disturbing the existing wiring, but I now find the passenger window no longer works. I've tested the power mechanism (fine) and the passenger door switch (fine) and power seems to be getting to the switch. Has anyone any ideas where to search before I start taking the loom apart? :crybaby:

It occurs to me that I haven't yet checked the switch in the drivers door, and it is possible that the fault could be on that side I guess. I was going to check for bad earth, but the door itself is earthed ok, though I can't find the specific earth for the winding mechanism.

TIA

Have to checked the window lock button?

I reckon you're on the money there... done it myself! :rolleyes:

Let me understand...

From the drivers seat/switch you can put the drivers window down.

From the drivers seat/switch you can't put the passenger window down.

From the passenger seat/switch you can play X-Box... only joking...

From the passenger seat/switch you can't put the passenger window down???

From the passenger seat/switch you can play X-Box... only joking...

:lol::lol::angry: :P :lol:

A friend and I took the car down to the Yeovil festival of transport yesterday, a good day out with the roofs off there and back (not so sure it was a good idea though as I now have savage sunburn on my neck). We took the A / B road route down and the M5 on the way back and I was very impressed with the performance of the car in both situations.

Anyway, to the point, I've found that the electric mirror on the door has also stopped adjusting, though it will still fold. This definately seems to point to an earth problem, does anyone know where the door accessories are earthed to? as the door frame itself seems to have minimal reistance between it and the rest of the car chassis.

TIA for any further ideas

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links