Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Carina

zafarraja

I just want to know why is colour fading on my toyota carina red colour K model car, I had a lot of trust on this car but unfortunately its colour has faded so much, and I believe its not only problem with my car, few of my friends have the same model and it has happened to them as well, is there anyone who can suggest me how to contact Toyota and if they would do anything about it? it is looking in horrible condition. I live in United Kingdom.

Red paint on older cars always has a problem. Im not sure why, but they always tend to faint a become a kind of pink colour.

To be honest if the cars 12 years old now, K reg?, the paint will fade if not properly looked after ;) Doubt if TGB would take on any problems with a car this old. Best thing for your paint would be some T Cut and one of the coloured polishes :thumbsup:

As for any other problems try a local independent garage that won't charge the earth.

it's something to do with sunlight refraction. ALL red paint does it.

The only sure way to avoid this is not to buy a red car.

Rich

Moderator - can this be moved to the relavent forums.

Reds always fade. They are at one end of the UV spectrum. Modern paint has better UV protection as well.

Try some T-Cut and/or colour restorer and treat the car to a good wax. Wax on... Wax off...

I have the worst colour! non metallic red, 3e5 to anyone that knows.My car is on an R reg,i've had it for 5 months now and polish it every 2 weeks using auto glym super resin polish and super gloss. There ain't even a tiny hint of the colour fading yet.Look after it and it should last but remember to use polish AND colour restorer (super gloss stuff).

I have the worst colour! non metallic red, 3e5 to anyone that knows.My car is on an R reg,i've had it for 5 months now and polish it every 2 weeks using auto glym super resin polish and super gloss. There ain't even a tiny hint of the colour fading yet.Look after it and it should last but remember to use polish AND colour restorer (super gloss stuff).

Yeah, you sure have to look after it!!

Your car is still fairly new, but continued polishing should prolong the shine!

Take a leaf out of streetracer_starlet's book zafarraja. But lots of T-Cut and sore elbows first! :D

• 5 years later...
I just want to know why is colour fading on my toyota carina red colour K model car, I had a lot of trust on this car but unfortunately its colour has faded so much, and I believe its not only problem with my car, few of my friends have the same model and it has happened to them as well, is there anyone who can suggest me how to contact Toyota and if they would do anything about it? it is looking in horrible condition. I live in United Kingdom.

Invest in some good washing gear, bucket, sponge, leather, get the car really clean and then use T cut or Farcella cutting compound. Do one panel at a time in case you get interupted by the weather. You will need a good supply of soft cotton based rags and elbow grease.

Once you have colour cut a panel, wash and wax it straight away, then move on to the next. You will be taking off the top layer of dead paint which is why it is important to get the wax on it as soon as.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links