Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X scuff plates location.

Pumatron

Hi All,

After some guidance!

I have the scuff plates for the new Aygo X, part number PW382-0H001-CE.

There is conflicting pictures of where these should actually be placed, as I’ve seen a couple of places online where it has been put on the plastic inner sill, then another where it is placed on the outer metal sill, and it could go on two places of the metal sill.

I’ve included some photos of my own for opinions.

Any help, guidance, instructions appreciated as I don’t want to put them in the wrong place, as they was a ridiculous price for what they are (I’m a sucker for an accessory🙄).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I ordered them, but when I went to collect them the parts guy was embarrassed to show me them.  Did you really pay approx £115 for a flimsy piece of thin plastic, aluminium or whatever it is ?

They are obviously a cosmetic item, rather than actually protection of any kind !!

They do look nice, but I declined and refused them.  If they ever come down to about £30 , then I may consider it.

I compared these with the ones on my daughter's mark 2 Aygo....there's just no comparison and Toyota are taking the Mick on producing such a item at a rediculous cost!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I ordered them, but when I went to collect them the parts guy was embarrassed to show me them.  Did you really pay approx £115 for a flimsy piece of thin plastic, aluminium or whatever it is ?

They are obviously a cosmetic item, rather than actually protection of any kind !!

They do look nice, but I declined and refused them.  If they ever come down to about £30 , then I may consider it.

I compared these with the ones on my daughter's mark 2 Aygo....there's just no comparison and Toyota are taking the Mick on producing such a item at a rediculous cost!!

Well, they was all in one big bag because I ordered a few other bits at the same time.

I got home and looked at what I had and was somewhat dismayed of the size of them and quality compared to the ones I had on my 2021 Aygo.

They are basically flimsy plastic, I did get 5% off, but only because I asked nicely.

They are definitely not worth £115, not in any stretch of the imagination but I couldn’t be bothered to drive back and return them, so I’ve gone with it, they will be rare because no other Wally like me will likely pay for them. 🤪😂

As I said, I’m a sucker for an accessory!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Pumatron said:

Well, they was all in one big bag because I ordered a few other bits at the same time.

I got home and looked at what I had and was somewhat dismayed of the size of them and quality compared to the ones I had on my 2021 Aygo.

They are basically flimsy plastic, I did get 5% off, but only because I asked nicely.

They are definitely not worth £115, not in any stretch of the imagination but I couldn’t be bothered to drive back and return them, so I’ve gone with it, they will be rare because no other Wally like me will likely pay for them. 🤪😂

As I said, I’m a sucker for an accessory!!

Thumbs up for not making a excuse👍...and I'm also a sucker for accessories, I have most already....but I drew the line at these 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An old Cortina that I once owned had the green plastic film at the top of the windscreen, with Dave on the drivers side and Debbie on the passenger side in white lettering.

Which was a bit odd as my name is Paul and my gf at the time was Susan.

But I was very tight for money then and the £2.50 to replace the letters would buy nearly a tank of petrol.

Really got fed up of being called Dave.

• Haha 4

These things are only a decoration and don’t provide any protection at all. If fixed on or near the outer edge of the sill then it might just provide a modicum of protection.

• Like 2

Exactly, it needs to at least overhang the lip or wrap down the edge where your leg or foot would hit it.

When I bought my daughter her MK2 Aygo, I immediately saw the paint on the sill had simply worn away because of someone's leg rubbing it each time they got out of the car, no chips or paint broken, just simply rubbed away.  Totally shocking on the quality of the paint on cars nowadays.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

These things are only a decoration and don’t provide any protection at all. If fixed on or near the outer edge of the sill then it might just provide a modicum of protection.

Yes, it’s going to stop nothing to be honest. Usually Toyota accessories are quite good and functional, but they have slipped on these.

Still, looks pretty 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was quite pleased with the ones fitted to me 2021 Aygo but there is no way I would pay more £30 if I had to buy them seperate.

Scuff Plate.jpg

• Like 2

The Aygo 2021, were much more pleasing to the eye and somewhat cheaper, and even served a function.

The scuff plates on the Aygo X are £115 as an accessory from a dealer, but, a Bargain price of £75.00 if added to a factory order of an Aygo X. 

So, start an orderly queue people, one set per customer only…😂

• Haha 1

Know what you mean, got some for our 107 years ago, ok they were aftermarket metal ones, Richbrook I think, but at least they were sill protectors cos they were long and the angled over the sill lip. When was looking for our 108 few years back, the Peugeot ones like yours were a lot shorter, more expensive and just plastic stick on + no lip protection. Luckily I found some old stock Peugeot ones, still plastic stick on, but were a lot longer and bit cheaper.

Our 107 and 108 are 3 door cars so only got 2, please tell me that is for a set of 4!

It's a shame that the area for the plates are not a bit wider, if they were, it would be easier to get suitable aftermarket ones !!  But the area is really thin/narrow, if you get what I mean.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

An old Cortina that I once owned had the green plastic film at the top of the windscreen, with Dave on the drivers side and Debbie on the passenger side in white lettering.

Which was a bit odd as my name is Paul and my gf at the time was Susan.

But I was very tight for money then and the £2.50 to replace the letters would buy nearly a tank of petrol.

Really got fed up of being called Dave.

Please tell me you had fluffy dice, and seat covers (beaded seat covers if you were posh)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pumatron said:

The Aygo 2021, were much more pleasing to the eye and somewhat cheaper, and even served a function.

The scuff plates on the Aygo X are £115 as an accessory from a dealer, but, a Bargain price of £75.00 if added to a factory order of an Aygo X. 

So, start an orderly queue people, one set per customer only…😂

Don’t do that, you’ll create a shortage and prices will go sky high even for second hand or used ones 😂🤣😂

• Haha 3

Anyone found scuff material for the rear cills ?

Halfords 3M ribbed Cill Tape was perfect but no longer stock said item.

Tel

7 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Anyone found scuff material for the rear cills ?

Halfords 3M ribbed Cill Tape was perfect but no longer stock said item.

Tel

I wish they would do a set for all four, the rears are just as likely to get scuffed as the front, especially with children involved. 
Mind you, if Toyota had done a set of four I don’t think I could of afforded them!

• Haha 2

You can buy adequate protectors in Amazon for about £20 I think. I bought some for my precious car that way and they lasted years.

3 hours ago, Donrald said:

You can buy adequate protectors in Amazon for about £20 I think. I bought some for my precious car that way and they lasted years.

There are even a pair of aluminium front scuff plates that is advertised as being genuine Toyota priced at £45.99.

• Like 1

Plenty of MK2 choices, but very little or no choice for MK3 Aygo X Cross .

I even have a brand new unused set of the Silver front scuff plates for the MK2, but they are too wide for the lip placement in the Aygo X Cross and over hang!!

16655752283062855119881334174647.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Plenty of MK2 choices, but very little or no choice for MK3 Aygo X Cross .

I even have a brand new unused set of the Silver front scuff plates for the MK2, but they are too wide for the lip placement in the Aygo X Cross and over hang!!

16655752283062855119881334174647.jpg

That is the snag in that the Aygo Cross is a little too new for the other manufacturers to catch on, although something more generic might be available if the sill was measured accurately.    If I was lucky enough to be able to own a Aygo Cross, I think I would use some of the clear plastic sheeting and cut my own as an interim measure rather than pay the Toyota price for the sill plates.  That would at least protect the sill until something better came along.

• Like 1

I suppose one could always use Helicopter tape. It is cheap enough!

1 hour ago, Donrald said:

I suppose one could always use Helicopter tape. It is cheap enough!

It would certainly better than nothing and could protect until the Aygo X accessories become plentiful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links