Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Exclusive Engine Vibration

Donrald

I have the automatic version of the Aygo X and often when starting off and it is in a low gear there is a vibration noise. It seems to come from the rear nearside but I don’t think it does. It is related to the changing of gear at low speeds. It may be the sound frequency triggers something to vibrate in sympathy. It does not happen all the time and never once up to speed. 

Anybody had this?

The car is going in on Thursday to have a rattling noise cured that comes from the rear nearside seat back and will ask them about the other noise.

I really have not encountered the vibration that you mention when pulling away.  I could possibly understand that in the manual version, but not in the Auto version! (Which I have).

In regards to the "rattling" noise coming from the rear, someone mentioned this in another thread and it turned out to be where the rear seat clicks into place.  It was fixed with a bit of grease, but they had the car for a few days 🤪

19 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I really have not encountered the vibration that you mention when pulling away.  I could possibly understand that in the manual version, but not in the Auto version! (Which I have).

In regards to the "rattling" noise coming from the rear, someone mentioned this in another thread and it turned out to be where the rear seat clicks into place.  It was fixed with a bit of grease, but they had the car for a few days 🤪

Thanks. Yes I read that other post. The sound from the seat appear to come from the back at the top where the catch locks in, but, a big but, sounds in a car are often difficult to locate, you think it is coming from one place and it isn’t. With our old Aygo there was often a rattling sound from the back. I thought that was in the boot. I found it! It was the metal tongue of the seat belt rattling agains the plastic trim! At least in the Aygo X there is a place to put that tongue if nobody is using the belt.

50 minutes ago, Donrald said:

Thanks. Yes I read that other post. The sound from the seat appear to come from the back at the top where the catch locks in, but, a big but, sounds in a car are often difficult to locate, you think it is coming from one place and it isn’t. With our old Aygo there was often a rattling sound from the back. I thought that was in the boot. I found it! It was the metal tongue of the seat belt rattling agains the plastic trim! At least in the Aygo X there is a place to put that tongue if nobody is using the belt.

My MK2 registered in 2021 has a slot for storing the rear seat belt when not in use as well.

22 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

My MK2 registered in 2021 has a slot for storing the rear seat belt when not in use as well.

The 2013 Aygo Fire I had prior to my cross had them too.

• Like 1

Same here, our similar Mk1 Peugeot 107 has rear sear belt clip holder, when first saw it made me think that some thought and care actually gone into what was a cheap and simply made car. Probably the Toyota side of the design process! 

• Like 1

When I do hear sounds in my 2021 (old type) Aygo, it's usually the belt clip (front and back) OR the things in my trunk.
I always keep folded plastic containers to do groceries in the trunk and I have never had them making so much noise as in the Aygo as there is not a lot between the trunk and the driver (space nor isolation) 🙂

container.PNG

It happens to me yes 

Prepare your self for this 

Your whole dashboard need to be removed there is 2 ac pipes clipped with a plastic **** causing the noice there is no other way than removing all dashboard on mine they fixed it but they do somethingwrong and hear another sound from driver side also Toyota is informed about this be sure all Aygo x will get the same nooice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links