Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2010 clutch

fossyant

Hi folks,

Our Aygo has been running well - we got a year ago (used to bail son out when his modded car breaks down, and for daughter to drive/learn in) and I've sorted a fair few issues (leaky boot, brakes, crusty exhaust, air con leak), and it's flown through it's MOT recently. Came to move it off the drive this evening, and on pressing the clutch in there is a loud squeal. Release clutch and it's gone. Car drives fine, no slipping. Clutch release bearing ? Press clutch down, loud squeel again. Goes a little if you repeatedly press it, but then returns again.

I believe I might as well get the clutch replaced (100k miles) at the same time as the cost is in the labour, bearing seems to be £40 and a full kit around £100. 3-4 hours is the estimated time. 

I'll ask my local friendly garage to sort it as I'm not climbing under the car for hours in cold and damp.

• Like 1

I think you sussed the situation correct,  and yes it would be prudent to do the whole clutch. I doubt that would be its factory clutch, if it is 100k miles would be amazing. Just buy good kit.

• Like 3

its a case of while you in there type job - the full clutch kit is cheap enough

if it's the original clutch, it may be the 180mm what was updated to the 190mm due to clutches failing - aygo's do have a hard life so more than likely it's on its 2nd or 3rd clutch

• Like 1

Would think it's the updated one given the year, clutch is fine, other than the bearing, but best get it all done as daughter will be using it once she passes her test.

Are my cost estimates about OK - local independent ! Booked in for 1st November, earliest they can do as I said non urgent as the car isn't used that much, mainly shop runs as our bigger cars are poor around town for fuel. Didn't want to push for a quick fix, plus it comes out of next month's pay !

Something always seems to break after my son uses it - he is a jinx - his car is off the road at the minute - unreliable 2015 VW group car. 

• Haha 1

Price wise it varies greatly £5-700 is about right

lupo, polo or golf ? the smaller engined cars don't like aftermarket filters and exhausts without mapping

• 4 weeks later...

You mention the 190mm upgrade clutch, but Autodoc, have both 190mm and 200mm clutch kit. does this sound correct? would the 200mm fit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links