Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carplay and Stalling

jojida

Hi all

I've recently changed from a fifteen year old Fiat 500 to a 69 plate Toyota Aygo. I love the little thing and it feels leaps and bounds more modern than my old Fiat, but I'm currently struggling a little when it comes to stalling (I've only had her a few days so hopefully won't be a long term thing!). My classic place to stall is when I'm coming out of my driveway which is always after I've just set up Apple CarPlay and Google Maps etc and I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to be able to quickly recover from stalling without having the carplay shut down? At the moment, when I'm stalling I completely turn the car off and on again to recover which then means having to pull over and fiddle about with my phone to sort out my maps, which isn't much fun. 

Hope this makes sense!

Hello Josy, welcome to the club.

Sorry, I don't know any way of recovering from a stall other than what you are already doing.

Some on here find the clutch pedal a bit tricky on the Aygo,as in high bite point, and reckon it takes a bit of getting used to.

My friend has a 2015 Aygo, but I have not driven it ,so I don't know the clutch feel on them myself.

The only thing I can suggest is setting up your maps after you have negotiated the drive where you are stalling.

A nuisance I know, but not much difference if you are having to pull over anyway, until you get used to the car a bit more.

Others may be along later with better ideas than this,lots of clued up Aygo owners on here and helpful.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

I use Apple car play and tbh I never need to 'set up' maps. In fact I found my iPhone will happily carry on running the map and then it transfers back to the screen once it connects to car play. I drive automatic, but I have heard about the clutch having a high bite point. As suggested above, set everything up after you've come up the drive? I personally never use the map anyway unless I'm going somewhere I don't know which is not often these days.

Your clutch is too high...like all the others...adjust the clutch under the bonnet to make the clutch pedal lower.

Its super easy to do....takes 5 mins....

For info it's exactly the same in a Citreon C1, Toyota Aygo and Peugeot 107/108...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links