Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

vvtl-iboy

:yes: WoohooHad the lowering springs fitted yesterday and they make so much difference. It now looks the pups nuts and the feel is much better.

Even going slow round corners feels better, and they give more confidence to go faster.

Money well spent! Just not sure about the next mod now, any suggestions?

:thumbsup:

Do you mean the TTE 30mm? I’m letting these install the 25th of this month. I can’t wait! :D

Ooops, forgot to mention which ones. Yep it's the TTE 30mm. 30mm doesn't sound like much, but it makes so much difference :drool:, even the Mrs could tell it was lower. The drive just feels so much tighter, it's how the Cts should have been in the first place.

Yeah, I had mine lowered at toyota and the response was much better than before. What's left is to have the front tower strut brace (another 2 weeks more before Fensport stocks in the TRD struts) and I believe the steering response would be pin-point sharp and accurate. Be warned, the VSC beeping would start to creep in if you're not careful at roundabouts...

Be warned, the VSC beeping would start to creep in if you're not careful at roundabouts...

I've not had the VSC beeping at me yet, even before the lowering. I've not had the balls to go fast enough yet! Maybe when I get used to it a little more, 'cos it's a big difference to my old Yaris 1.0. Totally different beast! :eek:

try putting your foot down and hit the lift going round any RoundAbout , VSC light will be ON like chrismas tree

i am not too sure if the standard shock can handle tte springs,one of my shock are leaking only done just under 7,000miles on it

try putting your foot down and hit the lift going round any RoundAbout , VSC light will be ON like chrismas tree

i am not too sure if the standard shock can handle tte springs,one of my shock are leaking only done just under 7,000miles on it

I'm not sure if I dare try that, it'll have to be a big roundabout.

Have you had your car back to the dealer to see what they say about the shocks?

hi guys. i need to lower my cts and get an induction kit. i dont know where to start .

can anyone please help.

the roundabouts on motorway junctions are usually large enough for you to have hit lift on the straight before entering the corner. Release throttle at entry and then you'll start to hear tyres squealing and next thing you know vsc starts beeping and then when you try to do throttle on and counter-steer, vsc and tsc (if turned on) over-rides your throttle... found it boring to do that... if only vsc could have a switch like the tsc.... then it'll be fun

luckyy, go to toyota dealer and have the tte springs fitted. They lower the car by 30mm and the car will look d*!@ gorgeous!!! These springs are supposedly much stiffened and so the factory dampers should be able to cope with them. Otherwise go for the full coil-overs with a 45mm drop, 13-11 settings and you'll start to have fun with full-under. As for the induction kit, having it will kill the fuel economy. A drop in by TRD should be sufficiently good enough. You can get these from Fensport uk.

luckyy, go to toyota dealer and have the tte springs fitted. They lower the car by 30mm and the car will look d*!@ gorgeous!!! These springs are supposedly much stiffened and so the factory dampers should be able to cope with them. Otherwise ...

In fact, the reverse is true although I had to do the maths before I understood why. If the

spring/damper combination is optimal before you change the springs for stiffer ones, then

the dampers will suffer afterwards.

It seems intuitively that if you fit stiffer springs then the dampers will be less worked, but in

fact because the suspension is now under-damped you get more after-wobble and your

dampers move further per bump. I imagine this causes them to wear more quickly than they

would have with the longer, softer springs.

I think the best plan, if you can afford the ridiculous price tag, is probably to go for the

TTE spring+damper kit, then you can adjust the dampers to suit the springs I believe.

Cheers

Paul.

I've not had the VSC beeping at me yet, even before the lowering.  I've not had the balls to go fast enough yet!  Maybe when I get used to it a little more, 'cos it's a big difference to my old Yaris 1.0.  Totally different beast! :eek:

Also remember that the things people do to make cars corner faster in the *dry* (lowering, stiffening

suspension, wider rubber) will give the driver and the vsc computer less warning before the front or

the back end breaks away.

It's always a compromise. Are you prepared to accept trickier handling on the limit for a bit of extra

cornering speed? Plus your wet-weather and rubbish road surface grip is likely to be worse,

unfortunately.

I thought about lowering springs, but honestly I drive quickly enough for a driver of my limited

ability as it is!

Cheers

Paul.

Have you had your car back to the dealer to see what they say about the shocks?

funny you ask that cos i didn't even know the shock was leaking,i had my car service the dealer did this visual safety report i notice on the report everything was tick on the green box apart from steering suspension was tick on the red box,so i gave them a ring was told i have to take the car in as soon as part avilaible for fitting

PaulT. I know what you're saying about ability, and the springs obviously don't improve ability and I'm sure I'm no more able to go round corners any faster as I don't have the balls to push it to the limit. But the springs do make the ride feel better, even on slow corners and they certainly make the car look smarter.

Just hope that the shocks aren't affected like some are saying they may be.

• 2 weeks later...

Dudes!

I just lowered my corolla. And well WOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

Super!

Cool looks (500% better) and I agree, better handling. No way that anyone can tell me that the driving is not improved! And if there is a problem or leaking of the shocks it should be fixed under warranty. TTE claims that there should be no special treatment with these springs on original shocks. So if there is a problem and you had it done by an official Toyota dealer, it’s under warranty.

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links