Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ongoing Alternator/fuse issue

Andreag

Hi, I am at my wits end with this problem and advice will be gratefully received. 
I had a fuse issue last year and had to replace the alternator fuse which is unusual, as it is fitted under the fuse box near the engine. It cannot be removed and replaced as it is part of the underside of the fuse box. If blown you have to replace the whole box and it is a horrendously fiddly job. 
anyway, the original problem appears to be recurring; car constantly won’t start each morning and need to use the Battery charger, same after work in the evenings. There is something that is continuing to drain the Battery when the engine is turned off but I don’t know what it is. Any suggestions please?

Who ever told you the fuse box need replacing is incorrect - the fuse replacement is slightly up rated

remove the Battery, unbolt the fuse box, remove the lower cover

if the link has blown, it looks like this (click to enlarge)

185343244_Aygofusiblelink.thumb.jpg.747d19a53442e7cc7fc4e949f458fe1e.jpg

unbolt the 2 black cables and fit the replacement fuse (part No. in pic) this goes in between the 2 boltholes (note. the nice cutout Toyota kindly put there)

897582089_aygo125afusiblelink.thumb.jpeg.0d7f6aeca25339150c41ed1e2008fd45.jpeg

these fuses are also known as AMI or Midi link fuses

Battery drain - go and get your alternator and Battery checked - a drop in temperature, change in weather and the darker nights will kill a weak battery

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links