Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Laugh In An Mr2!

gordypix

Just going through my photo files and found some pix that reminded me of the funny time I shot them.

A mate of mine wanted a folio doing for his model agency bosses. Now, he drives a Jap imported MR2 1993 model with some seriously heavy mods. Were talking over 350 horses, flame spewing exhaust on the side of the rear window, full body kit & computer entry devices in the drivers area to dial up pressure and that ****.

He wanted some pix of him driving this monster with the glass roof panels off.

Off we went down some quiet Hertfordshire country lanes with me lying down in the passenger footwell, my feet on the passenger seat backrest. !Removed! uncomfortable, I'm sure you can imagine. I had a 17mm wide angle lens on to get the pix and shot on b/w film for dramatic effect.

I had no idea how fast he was travelling until he told me he had topped a ton. Then I started to notice. Damn, every bump felt like the car was gonna take off, I was getting banged and bruised by the cramped space and then the sod clipped a kerb and no jokes, It felt like the car had hit a brick wall. I'm pretty sure it went on two wheels temporarily. He didn't lose it thank god but it made him slow down a tad.

!Removed! nutter, him and me I think. Top shots though. The things you do for a decent photo.

Now, you can't put a post like that up without showing us a least one of those pix! :D

Defo need to post some photo's.....

At least we know who'll be doing the club photograhy at JAE this year :)

Yes, I do work freelance, doing a lot of music related photos. Spend a lot of time in night clubs shooting reportage. Used to shoot a bit of golf.

Have done a small bit of car related stuff. Shot Citroen cars in France a few years back. In '99 I shot 'Bugjam' at Santa Pod cos the money was right. Got some great pix from a helicopter of the meet. Did some stuff for Automotive News Europe once or twice. Loads of press conferences and trade shows ete, etc.

Done some 'Beemer' shots last year for a mate who wanted pix of his roofless M3 water splashing through a ford. He ended up as the idiot who soaked his leather seats though - had to laugh.

Done several weddings - highlight being a mate in the Royal Marine Commandos who got wed at the Commando base in Plymouth lst year. What a P*** up afterwards.

I,ve only got the negs for the MR2 shoot so I'll have to try and get one scanned up for posting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links