Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What a difference an air filter makes

Yugguy1970

We've bought a 2019 Aygo recently, 7350 on the clock, fully serviced but as the air filter is only changed at 4yrs/20k that hadn't been.

So I've just replaced it with a new Bosch one.  What a difference, peppier and smoother.

I have never agreed with the lengthy intervals they have for these things.  On a more powerful engine the losses can be masked but on something will only 70hp you really notice.

15 quid it cost me.

• Like 6

On my yaris changed the air filter at around 3 years old with approx 34-36k miles on the clock, 4 years/40k interval. Tbh i did not notice anything different. Good that it's better on your car. 

• Like 2

What difference an oil change makes ..
I went to the dealer this week to have my Aygo serviced for the first time on 1 year, had 10.000 km now.

Every time I put new oil on a car it drives better and smoother again.
Which makes me think to give this engine new oil every 10k in future.
They also did something to the clutch cable altough they wanted me to take it in for an other hour to do a better job. But that drives better too !

• Like 3

I would always change oil at least once a year/10k.

These "long life" 20k/2yr oil change periods that some manufacturers brought in were purely to make the cars more attractive to the fleet market, as they made the cars cheaper to maintain.

• Like 3

Sorry, I meant to say :   Here we have to go every year / 15000 km but I will go every time at 10.000 km.

The 15000 km is also a notification made for ALL Toyota cars and engines. It could never be the same for all imho. Better to do it more than less.

• Like 2

That is a long interval for an air filter considering the cost of replacement, as with oil I used to do filters every year, but as our mileage got less stuck with at least oil+filter every year and air filter every 2 years. 

Agree on 2 year service levels too long for me, we had few diesel campervans with 2 years service levels, but I still stuck to 1 year oil+filter even though those engines designed to be used and abused and mega miles, which we never did. 

Air filter max 20-30k intervals or two years. Cabin filter max 12 months or 10k intervals. Blueprint are one of the best quality-price ratio filters for Japanese cars in UK. Any filter after some time and miles reduces its air flow as tiny particles gets trapped inside. Once the paper changes it’s colour it is a good time for replacement. Bosch, hengst, mahle or knecht are also well known brands. 👍

• Like 2

Not only the air filter... When changing the air filter, take a look also at the MAF sensor. If it needs cleaning, clean it.

• Like 1

The pollen filter too - that gets filthy after a year

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links