Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

drop in range to fuel

putzi

Hi guys, would appreciate your help. I'm driving a 2016 aygo. I did a routine service 6 months ago and after I noticed the kilometers gage that symbols range to fuel dropped from 520/530 km when tank is full to 460/470 km. A week ago my mechanic did a pollution emission check and found it to be perfect. What can be the reason for such a change?

Yeah, the difference between summer and winter can easily be 10mpg or +/- 1ltr per 100km travel. 

Yeah, I am expecting my Yaris to drop from a summer average of 40 odd to 30 odd mpg winter.

I think it's something to do with thermodynamics, well that and me having the heater blower on all the time, and lights and all the other winter impedances.

Last year I forgot it was the ridiculous black Friday nonsense, and got stuck in a 2 hour jam within a mile of home.

I'm not getting caught this year, I shall take a 30 mile detour, get b&b , and fill up with petrol.

Mind you, thinking about it, maybe that's a bit extreme to go and get a bread loaf.

• Like 1

I usually fit a grill block going into winter and find it helps (usually when temps no longer get above 10°c). I have an OBD readout for coolant temps though so it know if I've done too much or can do more. I am a little worried about this year with the rising cost of fuel but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links