Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer Service Cost 

Bper

Having just had a full service and MOT cost £450 was wondering do all Toyota dealers  offer a fixed price for full service and an intermediate service.

Yes they do but then extra work & parts will increase the cost of the service.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Yes they do but then extra work & parts will increase the cost of the service.

Hi Derek,

Do you know if this is a recent thing or has this always been the case. I was asked this question today by a neighbour. 

16 hours ago, Bper said:

Having just had a full service and MOT cost £450 was wondering do all Toyota dealers  offer a fixed price for full service and an intermediate service.

Is that the standard price or were new parts needed?

Does the price vary by model of car as £450 seems a lot?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Is that the standard price or were new parts needed?

Does the price vary by model of car as £450 seems a lot?

Yes there is an A and B service. A inter, B Full. Price for full £396 plus £54 for MOT.

Includes parts. labour. fuel treatment additive & Anti -Bac.

To be honest I do not know if this is a good or bad price that's why I submitted the post to see if there was a set price across toyota dealers.

• Like 1

I got a service plan when I bought mine, so it's all paid for in advance. If I remember correctly, my service prices were fixed at £190 for the minor service, £340 for the major service. 

• Like 1

Its always been that way you dont want to buy parts that are not worn out do you like brake shoes or pads.

• Like 1

You find a aircon regas is extra to the service plan and its recommended every two years.

• Like 1

I see they do a airconditioning anti-bac treatment on the full service. Will check when the last re-gas was done but it wasn't flagged up on this service.

59 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

I have just noticed £450 is for bigger cars its £300 for full service for Yaris -

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-pricing

tttte.thumb.JPG.d4c74ee60326310b5734623aede24610.JPG

Bit of a difference in price. Service A. small car £266  Service B. £346- Family car Service A. £276  Service B. £396

1 hour ago, Max_Headroom said:

I have just noticed £450 is for bigger cars its £300 for full service for Yaris -

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-pricing

tttte.thumb.JPG.d4c74ee60326310b5734623aede24610.JPG

Wait what? I was charged £340 for my full service!! :eek: 

23 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Cyker  take a look at prices I gave above and let me know what you think.

Yours do seem a bit on the high side.

My first service was £190, so it looks like my dealer is using the same pricing structure Big_D had.

Is Fixed Price Servicing just not a thing any more?? Is seems that way given Bper, Big_D, Max_Headroom and me have all had different prices!

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

sssssss.thumb.JPG.dd861d360c527032ec9fc4c4c5abf1d0.JPG

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yours do seem a bit on the high side.

My first service was £190, so it looks like my dealer is using the same pricing structure Big_D had.

Is Fixed Price Servicing just not a thing any more?? Is seems that way given Bper, Big_D, Max_Headroom and me have all had different prices!

It does seem there is a difference between dealer costs. Not having a service carried out before by toyota I assumed from the forum posts that this was a set cost across all Toyota dealers. Can you clarify if this used to be the case or has this now changed.

As far as I'm aware the fuel additive and anti-bac treatment aren't included within the usual Toyota servicing costs. So it seems to me that your dealer has included these as a package or didn't offer these as an option. 

The costs of these plus the MOT would increase the basic cost of £350 to around £450, assuming the MOT costing around £50-54.85.

With Toyota fixed price servicing, the majority of dealers were in the scheme.

Think as always when booking a service, check what the costs include and whether they include 'options' or recommendations such as fuel treatments, etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I'm aware the fuel additive and anti-bac treatment aren't included within the usual Toyota servicing costs. So it seems to me that your dealer has included these as a package or didn't offer these as an option. 

The costs of these plus the MOT would increase the basic cost of £350 to around £450, assuming the MOT costing around £50-54.85.

With Toyota fixed price servicing, the majority of dealers were in the scheme.

Think as always when booking a service, check what the costs include and whether they include 'options' or recommendations such as fuel treatments, etc.

My toyota service did indicate that all prices include, parts, labour, environmental hazardous waste disposal, fuel treatment additive & Anti-Bac. Along with a MOT and a full service and with new spark plugs. I thought the price was reasonable but this was the first time we have had a service since buying the car as I pointed out in an earlier post I thought from the posts on the forum that toyota service costs were the same across all dealerships.

Obviously not but it is interesting to know what others are paying and if a better deal is available. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links