Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slight Condensation!!

152bobby

On the rear left light housing (see photo).

Noticed this when washing the car today.

And this is with it parked inside my garage most of the day and EVERY night (so far).

So I'll be keeping an eye on it. If it persists, no doubt it'll be changed under warranty.

PXL_20221109_145256598~2.jpg

• Like 2

I think condensation insists car lights it normal as long as it goes away when using the car. The lights has small wholes with rubber hose - vents to evacuate any condensation. On older cars these gets clogged and the condensation can not evacuate and may cause issues. There is nothing to worry about a new car and yes if anything it’s bad indeed they will change it under warranty 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's annoying, know how you feel, when we got our used Peugeot 108 I noticed condensation on rear lights and knowing the issues with the Mk1 lights/rear end, hoped they fixed it on the Mk2. Like yours our 108 is usually garaged so mentioned to Peugeot dealer and they fixed/replaced them under warranty.

But under certain conditions the new rear lights still misted up, not on the main lense but on side/chrome part, just not as bad, must be these funky modern designs cos never had these issues back in the day, when lights were plain, simple with easy to change bulbs. Then again, cars back then had more ventilation holes/corrosion to let the water/condensation out!

As you say keep an eye on it, our 108 is an early car and the dealer inspected/replaced the lights without any hassle, got me thinking was there a TSB or modified rear light design they knew about?

I know it happens, but I've only had the car for a month and it's hardly been outside !!

• Like 1

Our X has never been garaged & has zero condensation issues.

Take it to the garage who will quickly reseal your light unit.

Replacement is not an Option.

Tel

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed some in my offside one today, been very wet here and the temp has dropped dramatically and funnily enough in exactly the same area. My car was built in September 2022 so only a couple of months old.

Condensation happens on pretty much any surface exposed to air , moisture and change of temperature. Car lights are not water sealed and require ventilation. If condensation remains and not vent out after you are using the car or weather change , sunshine, wind etc then you may look into any problems. 

• Like 3

Agree, our Astra parked on our drive suffers condensation more on one side of the car than the other, even had condensation on one rear light side this morning, it gone now as sun done its job. 

But I do understand your concern, cos anyone who has owned a Mk1 Aygo/C1/107 is a bit paranoid when it comes to rear end leaks!, me included!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links