Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can you damage a steering wheel of the Aygo 2021 system if you forcefully hit its end of turn?

Niki_233

Hi, several times I accidentally hit the end of the steering wheel of my Aygo. Is Aygo has some protection about this? 

Hi, 

I don’t think you can damage the steering wheel on any car if accidentally hit its stop point. I also have done that previously, on rare occasions but done it on many cars and no issues at all. 👍 

• Like 4

A friend of mine did this constantly in his Mk1 Micra and never managed to break it so you should be okay! (His take was "That's what the bump stops are for" :laugh: )

Frankly I'd consider it a major design flaw if they were that fragile, as if it was that easy to break then there's a good chance you'd be impaled on it in a real accident!

• Like 4

I don't get what this forcefully hitting the end of steering wheel is?  It is mean full lock with some force or something else? 🤔

That's what I'm assuming they mean (hitting the full-lock bumpstops). I mean, I hope they're not literally hitting their aygo with the end of the steering wheel, that'd be some serious road rage!

Thinking about it, I suppose they might mean they're knocking the wheel e.g. with their knee when getting in? :confused1:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links