Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multimedia system confusion

NvHz

Hi folks, I’m trying to register my 2018 Aygo on the My Toyota site, however none of the available systems seem to match what I have. Attached are screenshots of the 4 options on the site, and a photo of my system. Can anyone shed some light on what system I have?

The media version is 840 and O/S is 621, similar to everyone else I’ve seen posting. 

FEBFB5C2-4446-4B34-B132-BD22D7B72ABA.png

AF07789D-3004-4E5C-871B-83B75187A096.png

409F28C9-A604-401D-8A4B-68BC10F47570.jpeg

You can't register it as there is no link between the headunit and Toyotas servers on your model

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have the xNav (xTouch with sat nav) - map updates are done by SD card - no connected services - so no registration required

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool, thanks folks. Yeah, I found the micro SD card in the glovebox. I’ve emailed the sales guy a couple of times to find out about getting an updated SD card (my home address isn’t recognised, despite it being built in 2015 and updated with Royal Mail by March 2016) but he has yet to respond. 

I'm guessing I need to get it from Toyota, and can’t go directly to HERE who did the maps?

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If the car is an early to mid 2018 it will have a card with Q3 2017 map data, iirc 2022 card will set you back £120

you can get what, shall we say, grey market cards

eg.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284821623673

Thanks flash22, I appreciate the assistance and info.

£120?? Yikes! That's a bit steep, considering that Toyota doesn't really have all that much to do with the maps (the software is AvMap, and the maps are HERE). The version in the car currently is dated March 2018. I don't have an issue with paying for them, but I mentioned previous issues with navigation and my post code (new build estate that was completed in Nov 2015) and the salesman promised to make sure the latest maps were in the car... I guess by that stage I'd committed to the purchase so he figured he already had his commission so it didn't matter 😛 

I was actually looking at the very link you posted (2021/2022 maps) but decided instead to go for this one, which is slightly newer: https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/toyota-x-nav-sat-nav-map-sd-card-update-europe-2023-952-p.asp Hopefully they work but if they don't it at least won't break the bank.

4 hours ago, NvHz said:

Cool, thanks folks. Yeah, I found the micro SD card in the glovebox. I’ve emailed the sales guy a couple of times to find out about getting an updated SD card (my home address isn’t recognised, despite it being built in 2015 and updated with Royal Mail by March 2016) but he has yet to respond. 

I'm guessing I need to get it from Toyota, and can’t go directly to HERE who did the maps?

You can purchase direct from, https://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index get a map, Aygo , X-Nav than input the part nunber from your old SD card

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links