Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichips

EmR2T

I think I am going to go the Unichip route (via Dastek) and was looking for some feedback from people who have had their Tubbys set up with them.

How much didfference did it make etc for driving with the extra bhp/torque and what sort of characteristics did it have on the curves - ie do they bosst earlier etc..?

My MR2 was rolling dyno'd at 230 (Rev2) with exhaust (cat back) and induction) so hopefully gain around 50bhp if I am lucky. I am thinking an extra 50 wqill be very noticable and give a fair extra kick?

get a boost guage (£30-£100), fuel cut defencer (free-£20), boost controller (£20 for manual - £350 for a flashy electronic one) and increase the boost to 15psi - that gives you about 50bhp in itself, then go for the unchip route and get it mapped round these mods n then im pretty damn sure you'll notice the difference lol

I thought the Unichip could increase the boost then allow for precise mapping etc so all that you need with it would be a gauge - so having a boot controller as well as the chip would be unnecessary surely??

I thought the Unichip could increase the boost then allow for precise mapping etc so all that you need with it would be a gauge - so having a boot controller as well as the chip would be unnecessary surely??

yes your right mate, the unichip does all the above more precisely, FCD, gauge and MBC is the cheap way.

I'd still get a gauge mind :)

Do you know of anyone or where that makes a rectangular digital boost gauge or similar?

Was thinking it would look quite cool having it in the slot below the head unit instead of the typical round type gauge

unichip is a good route to go mate. It can handle boost settings etc. You should see roughly 50bhp+ and more torque. It is noticable, but you'll get used to it and soon want more power!!

Good thing about the unichip is that you can get it remapped in the future if you change anything else.

Does the torque/power come in any lower or is it just basically like standard but builds up to more? :)

Are you running standard cooling Jimlad?

Looking forward to getting this done as I reckon the MR2 will easily handle the power. On a really wet road today I found I could fly off from 1st into 2nd without any wheelspin! Was pretty impressed with this and put it down to the weight over the rwd and new Michelin Pilot Sports 225s on the rear. Think I need to try this without traction on though but I didn't notice any light coming on the dash showing that the TC had cut in.

Have been takign it pretty easy with the car round corners as such like so far - just getting to know it so to speak :) They do seem be far less tempremental than I had read to believe before getting mine! So long as you are sensible though I guess

I can't really help here as I had a superchip fitted before the unchip, so I only have the before and after from that to compare. Pizzaboy would be a better person to answer, but he's rarely on here.

Give dastek a phone mate... they are freindly chaps !

Just be sensible in the wet mate.... a tight corner... boost kicking in... off the road ! :help:

hehe - aye I imagine it's just a matter of time :) Have been there before with an older E30 320i which was quite a shock first time. I imagine when the MR2 goes tho it will go big style! :) Feels plenty secure for me though :)

I can't really help here as I had a superchip fitted before the unchip, so I only have the before and after from that to compare. Pizzaboy would be a better person to answer, but he's rarely on here.

Give dastek a phone mate... they are freindly chaps !

Just be sensible in the wet mate.... a tight corner... boost kicking in... off the road ! :help:

Getting mine done by a local company called V-Spec in two weeks time Jim. Can't wait matey! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links