Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Might Be Time To Sell...?

matt5cott

edit -> NOW FOR SALE : FULL SPECS AND MORE PHOTOS BEING PREPARED OVER THE WEEKEND

A couple of weeks ago I got my car just right by finishing off my audio setup.

Thing is, I feel the car is 'done' and am thinking more than ever that perhaps now is the time to sell up...

Pict1377.sized.jpg

1998 Rev5 GT-Turbo circa 70,000 miles, just had a minor service that it breezed through, drives wonderfully, taxed till decemeber, and has an MOT from Ron Brooks toyota that expires around June 2005 :)

Has a tight audio setup linked to a Pioneer DEHP77MP which of course plays all your mp3's and suchlike B)

Its totally standard/unmolested other than some audio bits, oh and now the side repeaters are clear rather than orange :thumbsup:

It has all the rev5 extras like red stiched leather interior (inc steering wheel) and gear knob (yes, its a manual :)) and 'combat' spoiler as standard, also the colour is rather rare so im told :)

A full comprehensive gallery is available right here -> http://www.bgbi.co.uk/gallery/MR2

Price...? 10k-ish? 10k+?

---

I will probably use the gumpf from this post to advertise, so any thoughts comments etc on price or just general questions about the car fire away.

ooooo very nice. yes the colour is quite rare..... altho i have seen a similar coloured rev5 t-bar turbo for 9k.

pricewise, i would suggest between 7-10k. there was a s reg hardtop white turbo on autotrader for 7k a few months ago. t-bars fetch about 1k more.

..... if only i could sell my turbo, i'd be temped by yours. what are you getting next?

just found one similar to yours here http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_...200431154529819

Hmm, that one on autotrader doesnt say it has climate control or an alarm/immob (nevermind a CAT1 which mine has) and it doesnt sound like its even been looked at toyota, so anything could be up with it <_<

Personally I dont think t-bars look good in this colour, also the one on autotraders sills do not seem to be colour coded <_<

Im unsure as to what the deal is with these other cars, but I can vouch there are only 3 problems with mine.

The front paintwork on the plastic area like on many mr2's doesnt match perfectly, and if you where uber fussy you might want it resprayed.

Toyota pointed out one of the rear supsensions is making a knock now and again, the chaps comments where 'it seems fine other than the noise, its your choice if you want to pay for a new one to shut it up' needless to say I didnt, he advised me not to also B) Other than that it is totally sweet and the gentleman was quite quite fond of it :)

The clutch squeeks now and again, frankly find me an mr2 that doesnt :lol:

oooh very sweet!

its not a t-bar though is it???

No! thank god, I can do without chassis flex, the extra weight, and leaking thank you very much :lol:

oooh very sweet!

No! thank god, I can do without chassis flex, the extra weight, and leaking thank you very much :lol:

faur enough :rolleyes:

where are you in notts??

Leek?.... the vegetable? :lol: ;)

I notcied I had a really slight leak after washing the car at the jet wash - probably need to lubricate the seal again or something. Whats the best way to stop them?

Hmm, that one on AutoTrader does seem very cheap at 8K.

If you compare prices to say mr2-direct-imports then a 1998 rev5 turbo will cost well over £15K - although you do get a warranty etc and they are MUCH lower mileage.

Personally I'd say it's worth in the region of 12 - 13K.

If some numpty wants to underprice their car at 8K then I don't think everyone should follow suit (says me cos I'm wanting prices to remain high for when I eventually sell mine :) ).

Mr T has 3 one it's website, between 9 - 11K, although they're '99 models they are only NA's.

Lubricate the seal.

Failing that get eccentric rod guides put into your tbars. Failing that get new seals.

I done all of the above and have no leaks now what so ever !

hehehe, horses for courses and all that. most people like myself prefer t-bars and they dont leak if looked after properly. they are great for driving around in this weather.... as for chassis flex, i doubt a lot of people use these for racing around or track cars. 0-60 sprints and motorway cruises, yes. i think that the car is most likely to be facing the other way before you notice a huge amount of chassis flex, do to it's snap oversteer :)

im sure you will have no probs selling yours, if you put it at the right price. the one i posted was a guide price and many people will probably opt for that over yours if yours is not priced competitively :)

the ones on mr2 direct imports are way overpriced and should be 9k max..... it would explain why they have been on their few a couple of months now.

oooh very sweet!

faur enough :rolleyes:

where are you in notts??

Either near clifton, or near ilkeston (I have both sides of notts covered! what can I say I get around)

Ill respond to other comments on a day where I havent caned it at the pub at lunch :lol: (ie tomorrow :D)

Great looking car, looks in excellent quality. and agree think the '2' looks better without the T-bar in that colour.

oooh very sweet!

Sweat on in the summer then! :lol:

muppets!!!!!

this one has been for sale for well over a year! i used to pass it when working down there.

are some dealers/people just stupid/ignorant or high on something strong?

if they think a 1994 is worth 8999, take ur rev5 matt, they might offer u stupid money! :thumbsup:

edit. link doesnt pop car up, its about 40 down!

TOYOTA MR2 T Bar Turbo. , 1994 , 46,000 miles. 5. Speed Gearbox, ABS, Air Bag, Airconditioning, Climate Control, Dark Tinted Windows, Electric Retractable Door Mirrors, Electric Windows, High Level Rear Brake Light, Radio Stereo, Rear Spoiler, Spotlights. Half leather 17Split rim Alloy Wheels.TRD. embelishments.including G/Knob and Steering Wheel.A true one off and must be viewed. Visit www.goulders.co.uk. for more examples. £8,495

oooh very sweet!

Sweat on in the summer then! :lol:

Sweat in the summer, hmm lets see whats colder, the hot outside I would get from having t-bars or windows down, or the climate control on... :fishyface: ;)

this one has been for sale for well over a year! i used to pass it when working down there.

I go past goulders a lot, by there standards my car should be worth 15k minimum! I look on the forecourt and it never changes, as you experienced I also mean NEVER, same cars have been there for years :blink:

And to answer a previous question, im looking at celica GT4's

I just bought a '97 Rev 4 with 30,000 miles GT tin top for £7900. Totally standard unmolested example. I'm not to far from you and drive past Goulders every day too. If you want a good laugh go in and ask how much they'll give you as a part ex - guaranteed it'll be less than they want for that '92 MR2 they got in. They have had the red two on the front there for over three years, ***** knows how they do any business. Who needs a Tbar with all that creaking and stuff. Climate control is the bizz. The '92 NA I just sold with a moon roof was noisy enough. Dunno about the GT4, like the looks, but your gonna lose some grunt with the four wheel drive soaking up horses and 4WD means less driver input = less fun IMO. My kid sister has a Scooby WRX STi and the tubby 2 is definitely more fun to drive.

Sweat in the summer, hmm lets see whats colder, the hot outside I would get from having t-bars or windows down, or the climate control on... :fishyface: ;)

I have climate control too! :P

Boy I'd love a rev 5 turbo!!

One of the few toyota cases where newer definitely IS better :thumbsup:

Nica car mate.

If anyones seriously interested let me know, up for sale now so hit me with an offer, or just give me one :lol:

Im going to do a decent spec sheet and get some photos over the weekend :thumbsup:

I have climate control too! :P

Yeah, mine was in use loads last week due to the humid weather. Only thing is it affects performance a bit.

Right will have a full detialed page done by tonight, if someone just wants to buy it now without the hassle that would be grand :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links