Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Body Mods + Alloy Wheels!

swales_p

Can anyone help! im looking to improve the look of me mr2 BUT dont really wanna slap a body kit on it as for 1 there way too expensive and 2 i carnt really find one which makes the car look that much different (minus the wide body kit!! not bad BUT £2000 + arrrrgh :eek: ).

Is there any good uk web sites that offer some subtle changes, for example, a different lower front bumber spoiler or rear splitters etc etc. Im basically going to get the whole car colour coded, mines a rev 2 so im aiming to make it look like a rev 3 without the rev 3 rear spoiler but change to the rev 3 lights :blink: but think the car needs that something else to set it off.

What have other people done on this forum, ooh and pictures would be great 2!!

1 more thing 2!!! what alloy wheels should i slap on it? im wanting 17's or 18's but defo wanna stay with the whole jap style theme!

Cheers all :thumbsup:

hi mate,

here's a couple of pics of mine. it is a rev1.

2004m.jpg

2004o.jpg

anyhow, like yourself i wanted to keep with the lines of the car and not go ott. here's a break down of the mods.

front greddy lip spoiler £200 (or for £150 for a www.revision6.com replica)

phoenix power rear splitters £100

bomex side skirts £200

toms air scoop £150 (not really necessary)

these mods will give you an identical look to mine... apart from the revision 3 spoiler i have.

wheels wise, i initially had 17's as i was worried about clearance, rubbing etc with 18's...... but didnt like the wheel arch gaps.... so upgraded to 18's and was well impressed, no issues either.

even if you choose basic body mods, you will be looking at spending about £700 for bits and painting minimum. add on the price of wheels and you will easily be over the 1k mark. i think to get a good look for the car, you will be looking at 1.5k at the very least.

hope this helps.

you just like posting pics of your motor mate don't you ?? ... lol

You've got 2 cars !! A pink and a red one !! I used to have 3 ! A pink, red and an orange one !

Cheers mate, dont wanna sound like a copy kat here but thats the look im going for, where did you buy the body mods from.

Also, where on earth can i get me hands on a set of blitz wheels. cheers

Cheers mate, not a bad site but WEY OVERPRICED!!!!! is there anywhere in the uk that does body mods such as side skirts and doesnt have to import them in from japan?

Shaf2000, where did you buy ur mods from. cheers :thumbsup:

The !Removed! are more into their smaller wheels (15s 16s or 17s) and usually deep-dish or split-rim.

Bodywise, the !Removed! also tend to keep it subtle (that means no Veilside) So something like the TOMS kit or the Border would be better. If you have a bit more dosh, take a look at the Do-Luck kit..... just about as Jap as you can get.

jimlad, hehehehe, you got me..... seriously tho. pictures are easier than describing and it sounded like swales was looking for advice on something that looked like mine..... perfect excuse for some pics :D

yeah mine changes under all sorts of red/ pink/ orange shades on a daily basis.... who needs flip paint :P

swales - most of those parts can be had from www.revision6.com as they make replica's. bomex sides can be had on eBay from £200. as for blitz wheels..... i wouldnt bother unless you have ***** loads of money to spend. they all have to be specially ordered from japan, so after shipping etc. you are looking at a minimum of £1200 for a set of 17's without tyres, not to mention the long wait. my advice, go for some uk alloys or buy some from somebody who already has blitz rims in the uk, no matter what price you get them for. they are rare as hens teeth over here.

jimlad, hehehehe, you got me..... seriously tho. pictures are easier than describing and it sounded like swales was looking for advice on something that looked like mine..... perfect excuse for some pics :D

yeah mine changes under all sorts of red/ pink/ orange shades on a daily basis.... who needs flip paint :P

swales - most of those parts can be had from www.revision6.com as they make replica's. bomex sides can be had on ebay from £200. as for blitz wheels..... i wouldnt bother unless you have ***** loads of money to spend. they all have to be specially ordered from japan, so after shipping etc. you are looking at a minimum of £1200 for a set of 17's without tyres, not to mention the long wait. my advice, go for some uk alloys or buy some from somebody who already has blitz rims in the uk, no matter what price you get them for. they are rare as hens teeth over here.

Shaf, you're just a picture !Removed!! :lol:

Love the 2 tho!

i was just wondering where you get the head lamp conversion? it looks really nice and i dont know if im going crazy but i have a jap version and the headlights seem to look really dim??????? :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links